muddox upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: muddox upgrade

muddox upgrade

Hello everyone, it was a year ago that I got home with my new ox. After putting it through the paces hunting this year I feel like its time to report in what I think about the machine. I'm not one to make quick judgements on anything. I'm more of a show me type person. First I was very impressed with the machines ablity to go almost anywhere. Just point it and it goes.Second was its ability to carry 600lbs or more of corn,tree stands, people across streams to deer stands. Being able to swim was a big difference from what I was use to. Being a new product there is going to be bugs and mine was no different. That brings me to my third and most IMPRESSIVE part of all. I just got back from "Shipsee" as they call it the home of Matt Oxender the inventer of the ox. I rolled up to his shop doors at six oclock on a sunday nite and at eight oclock my baby was nothing but a frame sitting on a table. They worked on it till twelve oclock that nite. At six oclock they started the next morning and did not stop till eleven thirty that nite. Matt and the guys went far beond what I had exspected to make sure everything was right. And I must say that I'm very picky about my things being right. Watching the guys for a day and a half one comes away with the feeling that they care about the furture of muddox and each other. That is very hard to find this day and time. With that kind of comittment I see a bright future for the muddox family. May God Bless you all this year. Jimmy"yamadog" cole

Thumbs down

Its great to hear service like that. I bet if more american companies followed Matts commitment to his product we would all be in a better situation. We would have money and great toys!!!

I think if more american companies had the commitment to building better quality products ,and stood behind what they sold to the public like Matt does,,even if you could buy a similar product made over seas cheaper,,you,d still buy it here even for more money.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-17-2009 at 02:46 PM.

What kind of bug did it have

yamadog, what was wrong with your ox that required it to be stripped down to the frame? Sounds serious.

I suspect nothing serious but Matt and the guys are so efficient at working on them it is faster for them to remove the body to gain access. My guess is they added the mechanical chain tensioners upgraded to twin 60 chain, installed 105 amp alternator, larger engine bay exhaust fan and added spacer sleeves to the axles to hold the sprockets in the correct location(vs the previous collars that were used). I bet he did it a great price and basically made it close to a 2010 version. He is passionate about the machine, there are some very great options to be available soon that he will release info to the public about soon

If I didn't know better I would akexpress was there. He hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by akexpress View Post
    I suspect nothing serious but Matt and the guys are so efficient at working on them it is faster for them to remove the body to gain access. My guess is they added the mechanical chain tensioners upgraded to twin 60 chain, installed 105 amp alternator, larger engine bay exhaust fan and added spacer sleeves to the axles to hold the sprockets in the correct location(vs the previous collars that were used). I bet he did it a great price and basically made it close to a 2010 version. He is passionate about the machine, there are some very great options to be available soon that he will release info to the public about soon
    Also got skid plate,bearing ext,bed liner for the back, and a set of tracks. YEE HAA thank you Santa. Who said he ain't real?

The bed liner is great for keeping the machine much cleaner when hauling stuff or hunting. take a four inch hole saw and cut a whole directly over the gas tank filler to make it easier to fill when the bed liner in is place. You will be amazed what it will do on the tracks. Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread