2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

The Mudd-Ox with 20"inch Mudd-Ox tracks is 77 inches wide

Thanks for the measurement. Have you had any problem with this chain windup everyone talks about with tracks. Is that a problem with the muddox. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have ordered them. Thanks

We have not had chain wind up with the tracks but we do carefully measure the tire circumference and make sure the larger tires are in the middle of the machine. the 2010 track keeper design is quite flat inside which allows some slippage of the tires inside ;the track which prevents the chain windup problem. Also the heavier chains and more torque of the Mudd-Ox also helps to prevent this problem. we run 5 psi on the end tires and 7 psi on the middle two tires and this seems to work well for us. We think the tracks are awesome and maybe the only problem is the machine will go places on them that maybe you shouldn't go. We also don't remove the rear chain like many on argo do as many times climbing a steep hill that drops of sharply only the last two wheels on each side are in contact because the Mudd-Ox will just climb right up with the front two wheels off the ground.

Thank you for your help AK, Can't wait to get mine on an go.

very nice machine AK looks like fun
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

AK do you measure all 4 tires at 7psi of preasure to see which 2 are the closest in size to put in the middle of ox, Or the ones on the ends need to be the same size at 5psi? That loud pop you hear during chain windup is that the chain slipping over a cog in the sprocett? Thanks for all your help.

We just measured the tires all at the same pressure around 5 psi and then put the larger ones in the middle. as far as the loud pop I need to know what year machine you have and therefore what chain tensiners you have. If you have an early 09 that has the the roalaring tensioners then it probably is a chain silpping on a gear. We have converted all of those machines to the new mechanical tensioners which solves that and leads to longer chain life. also if your machine has the locking collars to hold the axle sprockets in place make sure the spocket hasn't shifted and allow the chain to rub the frame in some area, if you have the spacers then this shouldn't be a problem. also make sure you change the direction of the tires when running tracks ie chainge them side to side. Let me know if I can help in any other way
    enjoy
    Mark

Hey Mark, I have number three off the line. It has been fully upgraded with every thing except double 60s. I have not had this problem with my ox but have seen and heard it on other aatvs. I've read where tracks seem to make this more of a problem and wanted to make sure I set mine up so that I didn't cause the problem. Chains slipping like that can't be good. Thanks for you help jimmy

I am glad to hear you aren't actually having these problems and I don't thnk you will. the new keeper desiign works well and the torque of the mudd ox allows the slippage needed to help prevent chain windup. You will be amazed at what it will go thru and over an up with the taracks. is your machine geared high or low? The low geared machines are kind of slow and steady but virtually unstopable.

Why do you change the direction of the tires? I'll be picking mine up at Matts next week and the tracks and plow will be on it. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

+ Reply to Thread