2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

It came with the high gear but when I took it back I had it geared down. I will use the ox for hunting and working in the swamp so speed is not a concern. Are you running the new tracks yet, I'm still waiting on mine. Matt siad he is through testing and they should ship anyday now. Are they're any other tracks out there that preform as good as the ox tracks. Can an older ox like mine be upgraded to fuel injection and direct drive or would the cost outweigh the benifits. Would their be a noticable difference the the machine preformance. Thanks Mark

We are running the new keepers on the the old style rubber, the only difference is the new style rubber is lighter which should be advantagous as it is rotating mass which robs power the worst. Mudd-Ox tracks are the only ones that swim well in water, none of the others swim well they just dig a whole in the water. We like the 20 inches also for better floatation in snow or soft swamps. At this point the upgrading to EFI is up in the air as Kohler has not changed this motor over to the EFI yet. supposedly when they do the older motors can be retro fitted. as far as going to direct drive there is probably not any real advantage for your machine, it is possible as Matt developed a direct belt drive system to do this but the clutch system may be slightly easier to drive in that you cannot stall the motor but you could with the direct drive. The newest machines are all direct drive but the engine is now facing lengthwise in the machine and the hydraulic pump bolts directly to the engine either the 40 hp Kohler or the 44hp Kubota diesel. I'm not sure the direct drive would have been developed if Comet clutch company had not gone out of business as the clutch system works just fine. I say drive like you stole it and have fun, the Mudd-Ox is the benchmark for all the machines.

Hey Mark, just got my tracks in friday. Put them on last nite and headed for the swamp today. You where right this thing will go anywhere now. I have one question though, when I turn the secound tire from the front on either side digs into the keepers. Sometimes it bends them over. Is this normal? I didn't want to break something or maybe mess up a tire. Thanks for your help.

yamadog

Looking forward to watching a video of your Mudd-ox running through the swamps.

you might try increasing the tire pressure a little in those tires but it is normal to have the keepers bend some on turning and the keepers are made of spring steel so they bounce right back.

+ Reply to Thread