2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

2010 Mudd-Ox playing in the snow cover hills

Here is some video of a 2010 Ox playing here in Alaska on some snow cover glacial silt hills. It was very slick but the climbing was impressive. We have the track extensions on the hubs as we are getting ready to put the tracks on for the winter but wanted to try it out on the tires in these conditions. We had all the power we wanted just ran out of traction however some the it was very very steep. We will go out in the same area with the tracks and compare but it might be a bit scary because it should climb about anything we throw at it with traction the tracks provide.
    Enjoy
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by akexpress View Post
    ...We had all the power we wanted just ran out of traction...
    It didn't look like you were short on traction even without the tracks. I liked the very last short hill climb.

Smile cant wait

I cant wait to see the comparison video, and you are rite mike not a big traction problem there without tracks. That ox should be unstoppable with tracks. great video guys.

Thumbs down

Quiet a machine there AK. Very nice playground!!!!!!!!

snow track steering

I've been curious how the Ox turns in the deep snow when on tracks. My Avenger tends to dig in on the non-skidding side, especially when towing the trailer. It seems the OX is able to zero-turn, so is the inside track able to reverse during a turn?

yes you can counter rotate. I have quite a few videos on utube of the Mudd-Ox in deep snow and we are about to put a new one on of a 2010 in deep snow with the new track keepers on the 20inch tracks. if you search for Mudd-Ox videos they will come up ours are under "akexpress34"
    You are right in that the argo tends to dig a hole when turning where as the Ox can turn smoothly and not dig in .

awesome machine

wow thats a great video thats a awesome climber and was surprised it went that good. I noticed around 6:50 time mark a crap eating grin arose. i think the mudd ox is the ultimate all around machine but i give a 10 to driver skill has to be taken in consideration. Do you think the extension helped more or hurt. Great driving and thanks for sharing AK. PS i still like the attex speed but MUDD OX

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    Great video, the Mudd-Ox is excellent for climbing steep terrain.
    What is the brush bar off? I'm looking for one for mine.

The brush guard is the factory Mudd-Ox one available from the factory it mounts to the winch plate and three other places and is very strong and well made

How wide is the ox with tracks. I'm still waiting on mine to get here.

+ Reply to Thread