max IV roll bar

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: max IV roll bar

I appreciate your comments, but I can't understand what exactly is so difficult in measuring/dimensioning the factory roll bar. The bar is essentially two trapazoids linked together. Dimensional measurements, plus simple geometry, should reveal the angle of the bends with precision. The bends themselves are easy enough to make by any metal shop with a pipe bending machine (of which I know of more than one). Building a factory bar will allow the use of the factory top and windshield, if so desired. That's my point of building the bar to factory dimensions.

Here are some pics and a plan

http://rapidshare.de/files/49027766/...llbar.bmp.html
    the bmp file is 3 mb and is not allowed on this website so i had to use rapidshare , rapidshare is notorious for deleting files so if you want it better get it ,or if you host files then retrieve it and repost on your server , (the size keeps it a printable pic)
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 01-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

You should be able to upload .bmp's to the gallery now too. I didn't realize I had left those out.
    Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    Here are some pics and a plan

http://rapidshare.de/files/49027766/...llbar.bmp.html
    the bmp file is 3 mb and is not allowed on this website so i had to use rapidshare , rapidshare is notorious for deleting files so if you want it better get it ,or if you host files then retrieve it and repost on your server , (the size keeps it a printable pic)
    That was the most useful post that I have ever seen, on any board, at any time. You went above and beyond the call of duty here, and I personnaly appreciate it. Thank you. Mike, perhaps the plans could be a permanent addition to the site?

thanks Vin ,if you go to build it and find i missed a measurement let me know .
    Mike , the problem with the upload was that your website didn't allow larger uploads than 1 mb , that bmp is 4.14 mb , to keep it printable ,anything under 1 mb does't print worth a darn
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Robinhood02,
    Do you still have the specs for the Max IV cage? The link is not working.
    Thanks, David

Quote Originally Posted by wed4life View Post
    Robinhood02,
    Do you still have the specs for the Max IV cage? The link is not working.
    Thanks, David
    X2 and thanks in advance...

+ Reply to Thread