attex new owner check it out

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: attex new owner check it out

attex new owner check it out

well just curious if anyone could tell me more info on my attex year abs body? thanks also what the black thing is in the corner of the engine area

happy travels
    Attached Images

Can't really make out what it is. Maybe a horn or Fan?

I'm guessing it's between 1973 and 1975.
    Banned

It could be a Flux Capacitator.

Whipper

flux capaitor nice one

its a damn mystery to me what it is? it has a spinning centre best thing i could come up with is a fishing trolling line but it also has a light on it as well

so is it abs body?
    Last edited by Mike; 12-23-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts

It's ABS.

The engine is not original. I think it's either a Chief or a Thunder Chief. It would've had a JLO 400 if it was a Chief and a JLO 440 if it was a Thunder Chief.

Could the thing in the corner be a bilge pump? Don't know why it would have a light if it is a bilge.
    Banned

It's a retractable work light! GM (and prolly other car companies) used them on their pickups in the mid to late nineties; maybe earlier. It's a standard 12V work light that unwinds out of that spooly-uppy thing. You wind it back up with the spinny-handle thingy. It prolly has a magnetic base on the light part, too. It's actually a cool little accessory for when you break something on your machine late at night (always happens... :o/). Pull it out of there sometime. You might have close to twenty feet of line on it!

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    ... that spooly-uppy thing.... the spinny-handle thingy.

~m
    Wow, Mike, sounds like something I would say You solved the mystery though. You, also, are so smart. S M R T.

Bridget

work light makes sence, the engine isnt original i know that part its a 16hp vangaurd runs good. thought it was abs as it shined right up with acetone. know to repair a couple cracks and test the water tightness it also has a biilidge pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Wow, Mike, sounds like something I would say.....
    Bridget
    Yeah, and as you can probably guess, I was making the spinny-uppy-twirly-windy motion with my hands as I was trying to type.....

S-M-R-T!

~m

+ Reply to Thread