AMPHIBIOUS SELF PROPELLED CARRIER WMB50402416ASPC

Yeah you read right I am currently in the planning stages of building a scaled down version of this machine. I rode them in the late '80s and have wanted one since the first day I climbed onto the deck and found a place to hold on, while the driver tracked unconcerned through miles of Louisiana swamp. I was completely awed then and have been every time I think back to those days, remaining so to this day. I rode a steel boat some of that time while one of these pulled us through mile after mile of swamp. The most staggering testament to their durability was that over the 2 months and about 150 miles of siesmograph lines we layed out, I NEVER EVER saw one of them worked on-EVER! In all of that we pulled a winch line 1 time. I figure once I get started, this project will take something around 12 to 18 months to complete, at the very minimum. The track will be the biggest expense. This I believe will be my most ambitious project to date, but like they say: If it's gonna' be a bear...it might as well be a grizzly!

scroll down and click "view picture"