registration and insurance in Ontario

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: registration and insurance in Ontario

yah know, we have the same problem out here with cops and interpretation of the law, way back in 1921 when the Highway Traffic Act and Motor Vehicle Act was introduced ALL motorized vehicles that "can not acheive and maintain a speed greater than 30 mph" was excepted from those acts, that is why to this day all farm equipment is exempt from those acts, however in the late 80s the definition of motor vehicle was changed to anything propelled by anything other than human muscle , but that is where all the confusion and BS starts because a horse drawn cariage is not human muscle and farm tractors are definatly not but they do not enforce it on the farmers because if they did all the farmers would drive into the nearest city with their tractors and bring the entire country to a stand still , but tell that to cops today and they wont listen , it all relates to their arrogance and atitude ,it is my belief that ALL cops need a serious attitude adjustment and need to be sent back to law school, they have forgotten who they work for, and have also forgotten what their sworn slogan is, "To Serve And Protect" ---not--- "To Enslave and Beat"
    PS i forgot to mention that way back in 1921 when the definition excluded anything that couldnt do 30 mph italso by definition excluded all seatbelt laws that came introduced in 1959 and came into affect in 1964 , any roads where you were not expected to exceed 30 mph was excluded from the seatbelt laws including all side roads (gravel roads)
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 04-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Doucette View Post
    I just moved to Ontario from Saskatchewan and I talked to the OPP in my area. Northwestern Ontario (Dryden-Ignace area ) I was told that all that is required for my 1991 Argo Magnum is the slow moving sign. no registration, no insurance, no helmet. They said that that is all it states in the traffic act and if I was questioned by a younger officer they told me to tell them that.
    I sure hope this same officer patrols the Thunder Bay area too. Going to get my "slow moving" sign tomorrow.

When you guys got your MSO from argo - was it blank or was it filled out ?
    I got one from argo today for my 2000 conquest and the auth signature, dealer name, etc are all blank ?

photo.jpg
    After lots of back and forth at MTO - got it today - ho ho ho

Thanks everyone for the assistance.
    Todd.

Got insurance last year on my conquest with Dominion of Canada ins company

In Ontario TD INSURANCE DIRECT AGENCY INC.
    1-866 454 8910
    They supplied me with a stand alone policy for the Response.

I contacted td insurance when I 1st bought an argo.everything was good to go until it came up as an amphibious atv then my insurance was cancelled.so after reading your success with td I called them again today.once again I was declined because of the AATV status.hopefully yours wont get taged as amphibious because it sure makes for an insurance headache.

Quote Originally Posted by guyvapeur View Post
    In Ontario TD INSURANCE DIRECT AGENCY INC.
    1-866 454 8910
    They supplied me with a stand alone policy for the Response.

When I applied for insurance with TD, I recall the first contact was negative..... the girl however had gone up the line and come back with a favourable answer. I do recall stating that the machine was not to be used on open water and being used like all other atvs. All of this does not help you. What scares me is that someone could pick up the file and decide to cancel me out.....

I hear you there bud,dont rock the boat.i bet your insurance is 1/2 what im paying.

Quote Originally Posted by guyvapeur View Post
    When I applied for insurance with TD, I recall the first contact was negative..... the girl however had gone up the line and come back with a favourable answer. I do recall stating that the machine was not to be used on open water and being used like all other atvs. All of this does not help you. What scares me is that someone could pick up the file and decide to cancel me out.....

I looked up what paper work I did up in September of 2011. The insurance policy is made out to an Argo Response 8x8 with the short serial number. I now recall and I have a copy of a form that was faxed to me. I signed the form and returned it to them. The clause (as I read it) is identified as OPCF9....Marine Use Excluded. It reads **In consideration of the premium, it is agreed that the insurer shall not be liable under the policy to which this endorsement is attached for the loss or damage occurring while the automobile is used in or upon water or while it is being launched or landed.** I faxed this to Scott Conolly at 888-542-8645. I pay $280 per year. Although I am insured, it still gripes me that we have to go begging for this coverage. I am sure they intend to disqualify amphibious vehicles, but some where in the books they say (or said) that an ATV with Marine Use Excluded would work.
    Last edited by guyvapeur; 12-30-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread