1LMARTIN

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1LMARTIN

1LMARTIN

hi i am from canada and am running an attex 265 wild wolf. great machine. havn't had it long and havn't tryed the water yet. the old fellow i got it from said it had never been in the water and he was afraid to try it. it runs a j.d. 340 twin cyl. twin carb. I am not sure what oil to use in the tranny, it leaks a little. any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi Martin,
    Where in Canada are you? It's a pretty big place :o)

You use Automatic Transmission Fluid in the transmission. It's a Borg-Warner T-20. It takes exactly 1 quart of fluid. There are two drain plugs on the back of the transmission that have a square head you open with a 9/16" wrench, or a screwdriver. They made two different types. You can take out both plugs and pour ATF in the top plug until it runs out the bottom plug. That's one quart. Your transmission is likely leaking out the bottom? Around the plungers that go in and out as you move the steering sticks? There are O-rings on those plungers that become worn over time. To fix it, it takes a complete tear-down of the transmission, which sounds a lot scarier than it actually is. Let us all know where it's leaking from, and we'll go into more detail to let you know how to fix it.

Great machine!
    ~mike

Martin, welcome to the forums and thanks for the intro. If you have any pictures post them up in the gallery for everyone to see. If you don't have any pictures, testing your Attex in the water for the first time would be some great ones to take. Full speed of course!

Welcome fellow Canadian

mike

thanks for the info on the oil for the tranny. i am located at fort frances ontario, about 300 miles north of minneapolis minn. if i go for the tranny repair i will gladley accept your input. martin

+ Reply to Thread