attex 4chain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: attex 4chain

attex 4chain

i recently got a 4 chain attex i was wondering if it would hold up with a 540 yamaha snowmobile engine. it also had a T-20 trans in it at one time
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

Quote Originally Posted by 06chops View Post
    i recently got a 4 chain attex i was wondering if it would hold up with a 540 yamaha snowmobile engine. it also had a T-20 trans in it at one time
    It should. I think I've read the T-20 can handle 80hp. I'd imagine that your engine would put out close to 50hp.

Chains should be OK too.
    Banned

frame

i know the T-20 will take the power of the motor i was wondering if the 4chain set up will take the power of the 540cc engine or will i be breaking chains all the time with that motor
    l___>
    what good is it if it dont float

t-20

somebody just recently posted they can handle 100hp found post by david berger --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IN THE 70'S ATTEX DID HAVE AT LEAST 1 100HP ALCOHOL POWERD RACER,
    AND WE KNOW MANY MACHINES ARE AS HEAVEY AS 1000 LBS WITHOUT EVEN THE DRIVER OR STANDERD AMOUNT OF BEER IN A COOLER ONBOARD,
    THEY CAN PULL 1000LBS OR MORE AS WELL, SO I THINK YOUR COVERD, NOW WHAT IS IT YOU PLAN TO BUILD THIS THINGY OUT OF?
    PLYWOOD??
    IF YOU CHOUSE TO LEAVE THE SCALE SLIGHTLY AND GO FOR THE UNMISTAKEABLE SIMALARITY END OF YOUR FULL SIZE MODLE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE USE OF AATV TRACKS AND STUFF LIKE THAT TO SAVE YOUR PROGECT FROM SINKING INTO YOUR BACK YARD AS A NEVER FINISHED DREAM,
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 01-13-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: found a post online

Hey Chops...

If everything is aligned correctly (no bent sprockets, sprocket tubes, and chains running straight) you'd be very hard-pressed to break a #50 roller chain that's in good shape. Axle pins and sprocket tubes usually sheer well before a chain goes south. The T-20 isn't the limiting factor. Just make sure everything has been maintained correctly, and correct anything that looks iffy. Worn sprockets, loose chains, loose axle pins, bad bearings, etc. cause catastrophic failures more often than not. The key is to not shock load the system (that is, rev it up and dump the sticks.....). Stuff breaks real fast that way... :o)

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    (that is, rev it up and dump the sticks.....)

~m
    Now, if you want to do one heck of a wheelie, that's exactly how it's done.

Bridget

The 4 chain set up is probably just as strong as the 6 chain. It may be faster even ,with less moving weight. Its just the 6 chain setup is easier to adapt a motor into mounted low. The 4 chain setup is just a pain in the butt to adapt a motor not OEM into.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Now, if you want to do one heck of a wheelie, that's exactly how it's done.

Bridget
    You're a horrible example to newcomers to the hobby, and a particularly bad influence on those with less experience, and who just want to learn.

It's wonderful having you around!...

~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    You're a horrible example to newcomers to the hobby, and a particularly bad influence on those with less experience, and who just want to learn.

It's wonderful having you around!...

~m

your also a horrible example to those of us who have been around long enough to know better. what can i say? wheelies are fun
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Im old enough to know better but still to young to care! Lets wheelie.

+ Reply to Thread