Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

If you guys want argo flanges on a budget, might try dealerships or anyone servicing them. They commonly buy new flanges with seals rather than refreshing the old ones. Other than the seals, I check them for flatness on a table saw deck and true them with a belt sander. Esp important if you use the cork gaskets. Otherwise with silicone, Whipper plumbing putty, wouldn't be so critical. Seals are common sizes.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Wow, that sure is going to turn out nice. Keep up the nice work. Cant wait to see the end result.
    Larry

Thanks guys! Here are some updates showing Whipper's 4140 splined solid 1.25" axles on the Attex green machine project. These axles look absolutely bulletproof and I highly recomend them to anyone who wants to strengthen up the drivetrain on any AATV. The axles are sticking a little bit farther out than they will be when everything is tightened down because this was just a mock up of what it will look like. Notice all of the Max II parts that I used on this machine. (Recreatives drive belt, drive and driven clutches, rubber engine mounts, engine brackets, throttle cable, and throttle handle. I built the Attex like this due to the fact of ease and availibility of the interchangable parts with the Max.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Jeff,

I'm glad to see your back working on the Attex. This is going to be one mean machine when you're done. Whipper's stuff looks even better on the frame if that's possible. I'm green (Attex green) with envy! I assume the splines will be inside the frame when everything is done?

Mike
    Last edited by micmac; 02-28-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks Mike! The splines will indeed be inside of the frame rails when I tighten everything down. I just had to temporarily set everything together because it was driving me crazy to see how the axles would look on the frame. Whipper did an A-1 job on all the parts. I have worked on many AATV's over the years and I will say that if anyone ever needs any axles made, Whipper's stuff is the best out there!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looking great Jeff. Looks like you ought to have it finished in time to join us South of the Mason-Dixon in April.

McCoy

Hey Jeff,
    Thats gonna be one awesome machine,glad I could take part in it. The only thing working against you is the weather. Get that Bad Boy going and keep us updated. Looooookin Good!
    It was 83 deg on my ride home from work today,I might have to put my shorts & T-shirt on and go riding this weekend.

Whipper
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 02-28-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Jeff,

That's some pretty hardware there. Very nice. I can't wait to see this project in person. When do you think you'll have it all back together? I need to see it.
    Banned

Jeff,
    Looks great, nice job!
    I need to install a set of those brakes on my hustler.

That's a work of art, JP. I can't wait to see the completed project!

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread