Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

Nice find on the 295 Jeff. Sounds like the 2 stroke green machines going to be a sweet ride!

What kind of paint did you use that comes out of a bottle? JK

Seriously though, Im curious on the paint. Looks like its brushed on? We have some metal fabricators do work at my work place and they brush some paint on and it seems to work real good. Goes on thick and seems to be pretty hard. I have been waiting for them to come back on another project so I can ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Nice find on the 295 Jeff. Sounds like the 2 stroke green machines going to be a sweet ride!

What kind of paint did you use that comes out of a bottle? JK

Seriously though, Im curious on the paint. Looks like its brushed on? We have some metal fabricators do work at my work place and they brush some paint on and it seems to work real good. Goes on thick and seems to be pretty hard. I have been waiting for them to come back on another project so I can ask them.
    I do all my frames with Rustoleum, Larry. After a frame is sandblasted it feels like it soaks right into the metal. This was just the first coat in the pic here. I'll usually brush on a coat or two, depending how heavy I put it on, then spray a coat or two of Rustoleum. They turn out really well and the paint is really hard and highly resistant to chipping off. Here's a better pic showing how nice the frame turns out when it's all done. This is my Swamp Fox......that I've been bouncing back and forth working on.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The Brush on Rustoleum stuff works great. i like it! lol Bonds real nice too ususally.
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Sure looks nice. I was just researching some on Rust-Oleum. Looks like it has fish oil in it to protect the metal. Very interesting!

FIsh-Oil!? NO kiddin! HA! nice! I guess that fish oil stuff is good for alotta things? ppl say its healty for ya too or something? i know a guy who takes it everday to help with stiffness in his body? said it lubricates his joints or something? maybe he just smokes joints? who knows, but after all the metal thats been flying around in my garage lately i should prolly drink some rust-oleum to prevent internal rusting and failure on my guts! lol Keep us upto speed JP, and i promise not to hi-jack your thread again! LOL my bad

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Haha, no problem at all.......I just learned something new, so it's cool.

For the reinforcing of the frame, the plan is to weld a 22"x2" piece of flat steel across the front of the frame. I learned this trick from Hydromike. The two parts on the front of the frame that are cut out to accommodate the components for the front foot brakes are where the Attex frames most commonly break/bend/crack. We did that on my 440 Thunderchief racer and it help up extremely well without any issues at all. It certainly seems like a must-have for any high speed, high horsepower Attex.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Are you going to race this one Jeff?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Are you going to race this one Jeff?
    George, it actually crossed my mind to race it in the enduro this June, but I'll have to come up with a design for a cage. I really want to just keep it looking stock, with the exception of the 22" Rawhide III's, but maybe I can run something temporarily.

Lookin Good JP!!!!!!!!!! Love your pit crew(glad i didn't get bit when i was there 11) You supply your crew with Coors Light too??????

Quote Originally Posted by frabbit View Post
    Lookin Good JP!!!!!!!!!! Love your pit crew(glad i didn't get bit when i was there 11) You supply your crew with Coors Light too??????
    Thanks Mike! The pit crew that you saw in the pic of the Swamp Fox are actually 6X6World member RPDBrady's dogs........they're big babies that need constant attention from any person that's around. If you pet them and throw the ball for them they're your best friend for life. They're not fans of any beer, but they love rum and Coke.....that's good because it means more beer for us!

I've been working on the Superchief and Super Swamp Fox projects back and forth lately. I've got my 4 chain frame all drilled for the 1.25" axles now and today I got the engine shrouds for the Chaparall G50B painted since they were pretty badly oxidized and the paint flaking off. I have to make everything perform AND look good. Next on the list is to order the inner bearings and outer bearing flanges from the guys at Buffalo Bearing. More updates to come this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread