dont know what ive got...but its an attex lol

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dont know what ive got...but its an attex lol

dont know what ive got...but its an attex lol

Whats the best way to determine exactly what model of attex i have? I've read several posts and have figured out that it was manufactured in 1972, but how do i determine if i havve a wild wolf, colt, chief, ect.. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but there's just not very many 6x6s around my parts. In fact you very rarely see 'em at all.

Post some pics!
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Now that i can do! but it'll probably be tomorrow.
    "coming through like a herd of turtles"

And what engine is in it? If you determined that it's a 1972 based on the stamping on the rear right section of the outer frame rail, then it's most likely an ST/295 or ST/400. If it's a single cylinder JLO295cc then it's a ST/295, if it's a JLO 400cc 2 cylinder then it's a ST/400, but like Martin said, the best way to find out is to post pics. Welcome to the site!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

well, i bought it as a basket case with no engine, and the previous owner seemed to know no more about it than i do lol. after looking at joemeg's pics of gadget the body looks just like mine, with the exception of the decals. His has the model numbers, and mine had striping around the perimeter of the sides. IDK.. But ill get some pics this evening to post. Thanks for the help!

Congrats on the Attex and welcome to the site. This is from the site, http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...price-list.jpg

and this http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...-atv-specs.jpg

See if these help you out at all.

Joe.

Thanks for the info joemeg. Did attex refer to the t-20 as " torque-o-matic" or what? If so things just got really wierd. Mine has a first generation t-20. lol man ive gotta get those pics.

Attex did refer to the T-20 as "torque-o-matic". When we say first generation, we refer to the generation of Attex (body style, frame, etc), not the transmission. I don't think there's anything weird here. You just need to get those pics up for us, haha. That'll tell us what it is.

Is the striping on the body like this?

Or like this?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

yeah the striping is like the 1st pic.

I didnt know that attex called the t-20 a torque-o-matic. thought for a second that it came with something other than a t-20, thus the "wierdness".

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Here's a body pic.

[I
    Last edited by Mike; 04-04-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: merged four consecutive posts. You can edit your original post and post as many photos as you like in one post

I don't see any black striping on the machine you posting pics of. It looks like the pics you posted is a ST/400 or ST/295, probably a 1972 model I'm going to guess.

+ Reply to Thread