Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

looking good JP. In regards to your helpers, at least they don't take off with your wrenches. They seem to be more watchers.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    looking good JP. In regards to your helpers, at least they don't take off with your wrenches. They seem to be more watchers.
    Those dogs sure do enjoy watching, but get a bit antsy when the attention shifts off of them for a while.

I can't believe it's been over a year since my last update on this project. I have a lot of things that I play with.....a bunch of Maxes, Super Swamp Fox, motorcycles, the girls (which reminds me, I'll have to get you guys some new pictures wink wink). Anyway, back on topic. I had a brand new set of 22" Rawhide IIIs on Recreatives K locks that I was originally going to put on my Superchief, but they went on the Tomahawk 'Lil Truck. I had another very nice set of 22" Rawhide IIIs that I collected (I knew I would use them for something.....always save parts!) and so I took the factory Attex rims off the 'Lil Truck, and cleaned all the rust off them and primed them. While I was at it, I did the end of the axles and hubs too. I also got the shoulders in that will go on the splined axles and have the sprockets welded to them. I've also got the pieces bolted on the frame like the shifter assembly and the engine mount, so now it's basically just time to assemble the machine after I get my sprockets in and weld them to the shoulders.

This pic of some primed parts isn't the most fascinating, but it'll do for now, just so you guys know I'm not slacking too much on this build.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

So maybe we will see the super swamp fox in the endurance race in June 2013? Keep up the good work Jeff!

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    So maybe we will see the super swamp fox in the endurance race in June 2013? Keep up the good work Jeff!

Joe.
    Thanks, Joe. Unfortunately I don't think the Swamp Fox will be done in time for June, but there's a decent chance that the green Superchief might.

Between working on the Swamp Fox, my other Maxes, and getting the motorcycles ready for the upcoming riding season progress has been slow, but steady. I got the top new end gaskets installed on the G50B, cleaned and gaped the points, and finished cleaning the rest of the crap out of the housings.......the previous owner stored the engine in a garage/pole barn and many mice must have called it home for many years because it was packed full of seeds and whatever the mice made nests out of. Luckily the inside of the cylinders looked great and I don't think there was very much time on the engine. The outside of the engine looked pretty bad though. I painted all of the shrouds with Rustoleum high temp engine paint and it's pretty much a dead on exact match to the original Chaparral silver color. The axial fan bearings were pretty much toast so both of those got replaced, and then it'll just need crank seals, a new fan belt, spark plugs and then it's time to bolt it to the frame.

Here are some before and after shots.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm slowly making progress on my green Attex Superchief build. Today I got the machine test fitted as a rolling chassis. Pretty much everything fits just as it should, so next up after a few minor tweaks here and there, it'll be going in the body. I've been moving at a snail's pace on this project, but it's getting closer to being done.

Keep pushing JP, your still young. It should be a fine machine!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Thanks Lewis. I really should have just did one project at a time, but then I found another deal, and then I get another crazy idea in my head, and another and another......... It's getting much closer though.

+ Reply to Thread