Get a title - Any chance or waste of time?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Get a title - Any chance or waste of time?

THANKS LARRYW YOU ARE THE BEST I wonder if i could make on on the computer i doubt any one could tell the difference
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

Quote Originally Posted by twinke00 View Post
    THANKS LARRYW YOU ARE THE BEST I wonder if i could make one on the computer i doubt any one could tell the difference
    Not a problem,

You might be able to. I wouldnt worry to much about it. They would never know. Just dont pick a number from a stolen one, lol.

I tried to post for a sticker with the #s on it but it disappeared.So I take it is not allowed. just to let you guys know you cannot ask for a vin plate. sorry mike for posting that.
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

Many states will allow and accept a new number to be permanantly stamped into the frame and that is common when constructing a home made vehicle that needs a VIN to be registered with a state regulatory agency. Some regulatory agencies will assign a serial number after you provide an affidavit of ownership. Check with your state regulatory agency first to see if it is allowable to use your own number or ask them to assign a number. There are many LEO's that are pretty savy about atv registrations so you may want to check with your PA DCNR first before you inadvertantly run afoul of the law by doing something different. It may take some additional work on your part but when it's done correctly you don't have to worry about it.

Here are some links to the current PA atv registration requirements and forms. There may be more information available so these links may not be all inclusive.

ATV Registration

Application Form for Registration and Title

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/snowmobi...M-DCNR0043.pdf

AFFIDAVIT OF OWNERSHIP
    (Bill of Sale/Gift Form)

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/snowmobile/AFFIDAVIT.doc

Max 6 Wheel Drive

i dont have a title for mine eather but i do know how to get one wich is what im doing with in the next few weeks but it all depends on were you live from what i was told todo is just go up to secretary of state tell them you just bought it and ask what you need to do but mostlikely you will need an avp (abandon vehical permit) then just go from there

I think all you need to do is take it to mvd and they will assign you a number and go from their

+ Reply to Thread