Get a title - Any chance or waste of time?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get a title - Any chance or waste of time?

Lightbulb Get a title - Any chance or waste of time?

I have been seeing more and more posts about registering aatvs and all say you need a title. But since most of the older ones don't have titles I was wondering about the scramblers. They have a sticker with the model number and such on them and not a vin plate like most others . Now to my question, my sticker is gone, without that sticker do I have any chance of ever getting a title for mine???? as well as getting it registered as a boat like most have done. I doubt that it is stolen or anything but without something for them to run through their data base my understanding is that you cannot get a title. I do have a bill of sale from the guy I bought it from. Any help on the subject would be great
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

i dont know if you can do this in the States , but here in AB any of these old toys that don't have SER # or VIN # we just make one up ,a ser# of about 8 to 10 digits and weld the numbers right into the frame somewhere , that becomes the ser # ,it also helps to have it on your bill-of-sale , all homemade trailers and such are done this way ,
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

right now the spot on the bill of sale for the vin is blank when i find my template i will post a pic of it. by the way i am in Pa usa

I did get a title for my attex but i never put it in my name . I do not need the title so far. i was thinking about registering one since i have 3 attex and switching the plate back and forth. Was considering it because they do a poker run almost every month but must be registered and insured. If a cop would pull you over he would not know one attex from another. Just have the registered # handy tell him its stamped on the frame most of the time problem solved just because you have a plate. Everybody rides on the roads around here so no one calls the cops unless your doing something really stupid. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN PA

I have read all the posts about registering and they all say you need a vin # that is my problem the sticker with all the numbers on it is gone and so far i cannot find any other numbers any where else

Put a post for a vin sticker for a scrambler looking to buy. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO KNOW WHAT VEHICLE IT CAME OFF OF. And i think larryw that a boat registration is different from registering to ride legal atv in pa but you can be fined if you get caught riding in water without a boat permit license. I think

I needed a title to get a boat registration. For atv use you dont need a title here.

I should have read my post again on the registration. I thought it said in there but it didnt, lol. I just gave them some numbers of an ID tag that came off a st300 and used that for my 208tt. If I where you, I would get a stamp punch set and stamps some numbers on the engine frame or something metal and tell them that number. If you ever get stop and they want to check, show them. If I remember I will look tomorrow and see how many digits it is. My attex was 4 and they asked me if that was it because that is a low number. I said yea and they didnt make a fuss but it was really only 4.

yea if you could look to see how many numbers it is that would be great. and i think i will post for a sticker off a scrambler too. thanks for the advice

Here you go!

+ Reply to Thread