Powermax/Duromax, Honda clone wiring diagram

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powermax/Duromax, Honda clone wiring diagram

Powermax/Duromax, Honda clone wiring diagram

Anyone know the correct wiring for the Honda clone engines. I bought the Duro max xp 16hpe electric start engine which I believe is the same as the Powermax engine, and the wiring diagram that came with the engine doesn't have the same colored wires as what the sheet says. It even seems like it has extra wires coming off the engine control switch box that doesn't go to anyting.

I have a Hustler that I got with the same engine.I have searched high and low for a diagram.................not finding anything

maybe larryw can help you. I have a 13 but no electric start. Maybe find 1 for sale tell seller to send diagram first it might work. I sent a email to a guy on ebay asking for a diagram if he answer i will let you know. also noticed no generator alternator available http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-16-HP-EZ-Sta...item5d27675aa7
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 01-20-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: add

Hey Guys,
    PM me your email address and I will email one to you. Maybe when Mike is done getting all the bugs out of the site I can scan the whole manual and have him post it on the site somewhere.

MY problem has been finding a regulator / rectifier to charge a battery.These motors only have a single charging wire.I am about ready to just add a belt and an alternator.

PM sent Larry

Hate to bring up old thread but I scanned it for the site. The same motor is now called duromax. Its posted here ....click picture to enlarge.
    powermax wiring

The whole engine manual link is here.......

powermax manual

That schematic shows a charging coil.
    There appear to be several different "brands" of these clones. Some have alternators some don't.
    Some are 390cc, some are 419cc.
    The 390cc at carollstream specs say compare to 13hp honda,kohler,and briggs. Yet it claims to be 16HP

I asked them about that. Same engine just different bore and stroke all other parts are interchangeable.

I know the 16 powermax is bigger bore and stroke then honda 13hp gx390. I was surprised on the stroke. I figured they just bore it out more and throw in bigger piston.

+ Reply to Thread