T-20 dissassembly

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-20 dissassembly

Don I tried what your showing in the picture but the punch is only hitting the other case. I'm not sure what I'm trying to do here, Am I just knocking something loose? You call it the plate and the very poor diagram I have is not clear enough for me to understand the assembly and it does not refer to a plate at all. I'll look in the morning to see if you can shed any more light on this. Thanks

You can see the plate in the T20 how-to rebuild article: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatv-...r-rebuild.html The eighth picture down after "Let's Begin" shows the plate. Then scroll down to the "Left Side Disassembly" section and the first 4 pictures also show the plate.

Don the punch only hits the case on the other side. I'm I just trying to knock this plate loose? I do not have any pictures that show how the transmission is put together , very poor copies. In the pictures I have they do not refer to a plate. I'm a bit perplexed at this point. I think I will hang the gearbox from the mounting bolts and try tapping on things to free it up.

Sorry I posted the same question/answer I didn't see page 2. Mike thanks for the link now I see where I'm confused. Where is the post of the transmission rebuild? I have looked on over and over and never found that.

I had this problem before, when the PO had put silicone to seal the case halfs. If you look all around the center holes you should be able to find one that the holes on the case half and the holes on the mid plate are off center enough to get a puch on. (you are tring to hit on the steel mid plate) It will take a few hits to knock it loose.

Quote Originally Posted by ericood View Post
    Where is the post of the transmission rebuild? I have looked on over and over and never found that.
    It is in the how-to section near the bottom of the forum categories.

Duckhunt conveyed what I was trying to without much luck. The steel plate is in between the two case halves and you should be able to find enough misalignment to knock it loose from the case it's stuck to.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks for all the help now that I looked at the pictures I saw what needed to be done. Soooooo I hung it just off the bench so I could tap on the plate as everyone was saying and as I lifted it the right side fell off!!! I pulled tapped pryed a little and nothing then it just came apart, figures. Now for a little question for you guys, Are the brake bands supposed to have some sort of lining? The ones in the drive side are just the steel bands and I have not had a chance to take off the plate to see the other side. The drums I can see are still smooth so that's a good sign. I have to travel for a few days so I won't get to work on it till next week. I guess it's been sitting for years now what's another few days!

They should have a lining but it is VERY thin. The how-to article should have some pictures showing the lining.

Thanks Mike I'll look quick before I head out in the morning, would be nice not to need them they seem pretty costly. Where's the best place for repair parts?

+ Reply to Thread