jlo 395

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: jlo 395

jlo 395

I have lost my spark and now I need to pull the flywheel. Tried for over an hour with a puller and impact. No luck. I only keep breaking the 6mm bolts that hold the puller to the flywheel. I really dont want to apply heat to it.I can see the points are toast so I need an idea. Does any one have a flywheel that would fit this or does any body out there know if an 372 Jlo one will fit? At last resort I may have to break this one off. If some one has any tricks up there sleeve I really could use one . Thanks , Skip.

Hey Skip: I had the same issue with my JLO 295. Head did nothing either. JLO makes a puller that threads into the flywheels center, around the flywheel nut, not using the three puller bolt holes. I am not sure if the 395 has it. (It's not a 380 or 295? I'm not familiar with a 395) I get the feeling it's a 295?. Anyways, if you have threads in the center of the flywheel (Facing inward towards the flywheel nut), that would be by far the most reliable way to pull it. I'll get the JLO # for the puller tomorrow, it's still new in the box (Oh, sorry I'm not selling it, I never did pull that flywheel, but you're motivating me to do so tomorrow!)
    Last edited by 6X6; 01-28-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Johnny 2 Stroke, Hey thanks for the info. My engine is a 395, thats what the #s on the head and the base of the cyl. say. I do have the theads face inwards on the fly wheel. I was thinking today that might be the way to pull it If you could post a picture of the tool and or the part # I wil be eternally Gratefull and will not have to destroy a good flywheel. Thanks Skip.

Hi Skip:
    Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, I had to dig it out again. This is the JLO Factory Flywheel puller. I was going to cut one on my friend's lathe, but I needed to get the gear ratio for the thread pitch ($$$) Long story short before I did it I found one. Factory # is 444.31.814/10, but good luck finding one, unless you have a LONG-in-business sled shop near you. (It WILL turn up, it's just a waiting game)

Plan B is if you can find a bolt the correct pitch/diameter, you can center drill, tap for a large high-grade bolt, and drill one end wider for the crank to fit in. You DON'T need the collar, it's for other engines that have thread facing OUT around the crank nut, but you DO need the point on the center bolt, otherwise the bolt will walk on the crank, side-load and try to pull the flywheel off at an angle, maybe just harder, maybe do some damage, not sure, but the points a must.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

The Mystery of the JLO Flywheel Puller

Fri. 16/11/18 18:03 EST
    .post #2

After (what I thought was) careful measurement of the diameter and pitch of the threads in a JLO L152 flywheel, I purchased a Dennis Stubblefield Sales MP#4 puller, 30mm x 1.5mm pitch right hand male thread.

It only threads into the flywheel about one turn, then binds.

My question: Could Johnny 2-stroke, or anyone else who owns the factory puller, please measure the diameter and pitch of those threads and post back with the results?

Thanks.
    Last edited by MMMark; 11-19-2016 at 01:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread