mud from another planet

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mud from another planet

mud from another planet

Has anyone been in mud so bad that it snapped a drive chain and clogged up all six wheels so tight that you couldn't move at all? Well it happened to me last week while my son and I was duck hunting on our rice field. I didnt have any trouble running in the flooded areas but when I drove on the part that wasn't holding water the trouble began. I am running 26x12x12 goodyears and there isn't much room between the rubber and the body. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening again? It took three trips to the field before we finally got it out! I didnt like my Maxiv being a lawn ornament for a rice field, it's just not very dignified. One guy told me he sprayed his 4 wheeler with armor-all and the mud would slide off. I don't think he had ever experienced mud like this before, it definetly was not of this world and I have stepped in alot of it living in Arkansas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Takem Boys

Certain mud at certain times will do that, I don't see it often. Besides armor all, a friend used to spray his stock car with wd40 before a race.

What size motor do you have? It sounds like that thick mud just bogged you down so much that you didn't have enough power to spin the large tires. As for the chain it was probably going to fail anyway but the extra strain from the drivetrain being bound up was enough to make it go ahead and break? Just guessing here.

expired pan spray like Pam or something to that effect also works they usually give it away free if its expired cause they cant sell it
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

thanks guys for the replys, I thought the armor-all spray might have been the guy trying to get my goat, guess he was telling the truth. Mike I have a 18hp vanguard for power and you are right, just before the chain went away the max did start to bog down. If the spay doesn't work, I will avoid that area of the field. Like I said that is the worst mud I have seen in 45 years of hunting ducks. I have given it it's own name, devil mud! Thanks again for all the help. I have had my max since June and love this thing. Rest in peace my 4 wheeler, you will love the nice storage unit. Takem Boys

When you spray the bottom, take off the tires so you don't get them. The spray will also stick to the rubber,possibly leading to no traction....

the main thing spraying it will do is keep the mud from sticking to the plastic so much. however, this doesnt do too much when you sitting there without enough power to turn tires and high centered. but it will sure make it a lot easier to clean later. silicon spray works well.

+ Reply to Thread