Max II paddles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II paddles

Thumbs up Larry W Max II paddles

Here is a start I put in a couple of hours today and came up with my own design of wheel paddles these were custom made for my max II the thing about these I feel they will give me more paddle strength I'm not sure on the speed yet because all of or lake's are currently froze over here in pa, How ever I do live close to a river "but" we just got over a bad rain the past week so the river needs to come down some but any how check out the design feel free to comment

Paddle mounted - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Paddle not mounted - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    Last edited by Mike; 01-31-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: merged 5 consecutive posts

More Ideas

Blaze, I applaud your efforts, and don't want to discourage you, rather encourage you to keep working towards your goal. If you don't mind me sharing a few ideas with you that you may also consider in your quest for increased water speed.

I build a prototype paddle system that was mounted permanently inside the wheel (rim). I have some pics somewhere but I will have to describe it for now. On each wheel stud I had a flip out paddle that extended out and nested against the tire sidewall. I had 5 hole rims so 5 paddles. The paddles were offset from each other so that they would nest inside the rim and not interfere with each other during deployment. I had a quick removable pin that would lock them all inside the rim. For deployment I removed the pin and centrifugal force from the wheel would extend them. When not need they would nest inside the rim secured with a pin.

Some things to remember, design your paddles so that they will provide less water resistance in one direction vs. the other. action=reaction and you go no where. If you look at probably the best swimming tire out there (New Avenger or Frontier tires) you will quickly find out that all their thrust is in one direction, with little or none in the other. That is one of the main reasons they swim so well. They also swim well completely submerged as well.

thanks for the ideas like I said its still in the experiment of making paddles i figure its got to be better than no paddles at all every little bit helps I would like to see your paddle system it sounds good to

I'm trying to design a paddle as well, would love some more ideas and or pictures of tire paddles.
    Steve
    Steve Cornick
    1993 Vanguard Argo w/16hp B&S

Something I was thinking is to put paddles on the inside of the rim and tub due to the gap between the tires and tub. That way its protected with the tire. Its a good 2 inch gap for sure just hook it up to the axle by a set ring. I know i don't want to get out and deploy paddles each time or worry about breaking them when landing on shore.

im just kiddingi could not resist
    Attached Images

I would like to add more paddles I just have the 2 for now

Any pictures yet of the portotype paddle system? Just would like some more speed in water.

Thanks

As much as I stay in the water here in the ms delta I would love some good pics and ideas for my max 2

+ Reply to Thread