1978 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1978 Super Chief

That is a really nice Attex and at a great price! you are going to love it. George is right you should be able to find that size flex pipe at any auto store or even in fleet farm and places like that. and when you replace the tires try to find some soft V-tread like tires.
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

sounds like we did good! My buddy and i went in halves.. but i in the end will get it he has plans of putting Aluminum Race cut wheels with Zipper Tires and a Navigation / boom /boom stereo in it for a trip to the sand dunes... I just want tires.. we are into sand dunes.. We're self proclaimed atc70 freaks...
    Last edited by Mike; 02-01-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: no commercial links thanks

sounds like that will be an awesome machine good luck it should be great
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Quote Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
    sounds like we did good! My buddy and i went in halves.. but i in the end will get it he has plans of putting Aluminum Race cut wheels with Zipper Tires and a Navigation / boom /boom stereo in it for a trip to the sand dunes... I just want tires.. we are into sand dunes.. We're self proclaimed atc70 freaks...
    Just make sure you don't cut or alter anything on the body to fit the stereo or navagation. Keep it looking original, it will keep the value up and you won't have any regrets if you want to change something in the future. The aluminum wheels would look great, I have a set that I'm going to be putting on my Attex 440 Thunderchief.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The original owner made some funky wheel adapters.. and we don't plan on cutting the body up.. it's in too god of shape for that.

Well i took her to the Dunes this weekend! And boy does it get the looks! gets around pretty good too! I rebadged her with one off Honda Decals i made (We're Honda guys! ) I think she cleaned up rather nice... Total investment so far .. Attex $800, Tags and Reg $170 (includes past due fees), Seat $40, Flex Hose $6, Tires.. Free!!! , antenna mount $5 .. Total $1021.00

That red stripe really made it unique. Good job!

A 6 wheeler on the dunes looks like soooooo much fun! Have any video footage of it?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

No videos this trip... But we will next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That red stripe really made it unique. Good job!
    Honda called the four wheelers "fourtrax" so I made this a "sixtrax"... It kinda seem to fit!
    Last edited by Mike; 02-15-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts (you can reply to everyone at once using the multi-quote button(s) )

Wish I could have made it out there - this is if you were out at Glamis w/ WFO. I think I have a better muffler on it's way.

+ Reply to Thread