1978 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1978 Super Chief

WOW! Very nice savage40 you have made some great improvements on that machine it looks extremely nice great job and the dunes look really fun too cant wait to see a video of it at the dunes!
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Quote Originally Posted by techfx View Post
    Wish I could have made it out there - this is if you were out at Glamis w/ WFO. I think I have a better muffler on it's way.
    We go to Sand Mountain Nevada.... I think I'm gonna build a small trailer to haul my atc70 from camp out to the hill.... Nothing like showing off a little!!! What muffler you have coming?

Nice looking rig Savage!
    Banned

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
    We go to Sand Mountain Nevada.... I think I'm gonna build a small trailer to haul my atc70 from camp out to the hill.... Nothing like showing off a little!!! What muffler you have coming?
    Okay, that's a bit far - maybe 10 hrs from San Diego. I ordered some generic atv muffler off ebay for $46 including shipping and got it today. It looks like it matches up pretty well, just have to mount to my modified rotax pipe and try it.

so whats a little drive? Load it up!!! I need to find a better solution to the leaky flex pipe.. I got a new one and it still leaks.. I'm thinking I need Band style exhaust clamps..

There's a short snippet of the Attex on the sand.. at the end of this video (5:40 in the video) I'm having a roll cage build by a buddy of mine.. should be done this week..

looks like you guys are having fun out there I really like what you have done with the ATTEX cant wait to see what the roll bar looks like.
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

The left stick when pulled back was a slight bit farther back than the right stick (like an 1") , but equal in forward throw.. so I adjusted the left upper plunger bolt at the T20.. is this okay and the correct way to align the stick?

Well I got my Fuel pump rebuilt.... two words come to mind...HAUL ASS! yes now I know why they say the Superchief is fast! Before.. it was always running very rich and at times run good.. but after the fire and realizing the fuel pump diaphram had a leak in the engine side it seems as though it may have been pulling gas from there into the engine.. So I asked George a few carb questions and he in turn referred m to Don.. he gave me a few tips to look for to determine how it's running (if it's too lean) .. so yesterday I drove it up and down the side of the street in front of the house ... no more oily mess at the flex hose, and no more smoke trail, and runs like a raped ape! The choke doesn't seem to function though so I'm gonna look into that..I had to prime it to start it... as soon as I get my new Zipper tires mounted I will show it off complete wit new roll bar... Before I had intentions of selling it but this is way to much fun to drive, and besides I needed something I could get muddy since my quads only see sand.. George is hooking me up with some needed parts and I'm returning the favor
    Last edited by savage 40; 03-12-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread