1978 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1978 Super Chief

Excellent!

I talked the little lady into video taping.. There is a vacant 5 acre parcel next door ... I kinda helped myself to it.. she actually came up to the fence and watched for a while grinnin' and shakin' her head.. I asked her to grab the camera... had she only used the zoom... She always knew i was nuts .. this just solidifies it..

great video savage glad you got the fuel pump problem all sorted out that thing looks like it moves pretty well now the roll cage looks great too
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Thanks! I hooked George up with some custom decals for his machine.. and he's fixing me up with some hubs and stuff... i have another outer bearing out and I'm probably gonna have to cut the hub off...it's rusted on.. I got 6 of these AMS Zipper tires for it.. I got them for like $45 each so I did OK.. they should work good fo what I'm gonna use them for ..
    Last edited by savage 40; 03-14-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Hey Savage, watch the body with those, they are Maxix-4-Snow knockoffs. and if their as soft as the Maxis tires, they'll grow a LOT with speed. (Ask Racerone3, he had them on his racer and they rubbed thru the body)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Thanks for the info...if I hear that happening I will remedy the problem...I hope... I'm a sign maker by trade and have sheets of .040 and .060 white Aluminum.. I can use some 3m double sided (automotive type) tape and adhere a couple sheets above the tires...

That's one nice machine. The G50B sounds great!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by savage 40 View Post
    Thanks for the info...if I hear that happening I will remedy the problem...I hope... I'm a sign maker by trade and have sheets of .040 and .060 white Aluminum.. I can use some 3m double sided (automotive type) tape and adhere a couple sheets above the tires...
    Honestly, I don't think the Aluminum will last too long either. I've seen the aluminum exhaust stingers on R/Cs sawed completely off by a .040 lexan body because the hole it passed thru had too little clearance and it rubbed. Also the aluminum will have more friction on the rubber, the heat may cause the tape to fail. Your best bet would be if you could get Delrin or Teflon plastic like those cutting boards. Or you can heat the body over the tires and make an impression for each tire to provide extra clearance. You could make a curved "Mold" and press 6 identical impressions for the tires, but you'll have to plan ahead, looking for where you have to heat 2 layers of HDPE, and don't affect where the floor pan or seat lays, but it should come out looking factory, it looks like you may have just a bit of Fab experience

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Hey Savage, watch the body with those, they are Maxix-4-Snow knockoffs. and if their as soft as the Maxis tires, they'll grow a LOT with speed. (Ask Racerone3, he had them on his racer and they rubbed thru the body)
    i've only had 1 rub through... and it turns out it's my fault. my left center rim isn't as wide as the others. i must have gotten a golf cart rim (8x7) mixed in with my 8x8 atv rims. that wheel being narrower makes the tire taller. i figured it out a while back but still haven't fixed it. that might be a good project for this afternoon. others have rubbed a little when bouncing, but not bad enough to do anything more than leave a rubber mark. i didn't notice any sound when the left center was doing it's dammage, but it might make a little more noise on a poly body. the left front tire on Beths max (poly) rubs every once and a while and makes a lot of noise.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    i've only had 1 rub through... and it turns out it's my fault. my left center rim isn't as wide as the others. i must have gotten a golf cart rim (8x7) mixed in with my 8x8 atv rims. that wheel being narrower makes the tire taller.
    Glad you saw this thread Race. I had written those tires off, despite the awesome reviews I've seen for them on Dirt and sand, not to mention snow So when I get back to finishing that up, I think I'll be looking at the Maxis tires again.

+ Reply to Thread