Attex GT Transmission Literature

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex GT Transmission Literature

Attex GT Transmission Literature

Thanks to Don for sending in yet another cool piece of ATV history. These two bulletins were sent out by Attex to explain why they were abandoning the Skid Steer T20 transmission and how / why they developed the new GT series transmissions.

I have uploaded these to the Attex section on the Home page of the site here: Attex 6x6 Brochures

Thanks again Don!

Interesting reading, but it brings a question to mind; Is R.I. making the trans. now, or still Borg Warner?

Thanks Don!!!

Interesting question buggyman?

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Interesting reading, but it brings a question to mind; Is R.I. making the trans. now, or still Borg Warner?
    Borg Warner sold the rights to the T-20 to Skid-Steer Corporation. Skid-Steer Corporation was jointly owned by Hustler Corporation and Recreatives Industries. The T-20's were manufactured in Jonesboro, Arkansas at Hustler's factory under the ownership of Lowell Crisco (if you look at some of the earlier T-20's you will see on the tag that it says, "Jonesboro, Arkansas" on it). The T-20's that Max used were shipped up from there and installed in the machines in Recreatives' Buffalo, NY plant.....I saw some of the old freight bills for the shipments of T-20's. Huslter closed and sold out their share to Recreatives. So now Recreatives owns Skid-Steer Corporation, and Borg-Warner has been completely out of the picture for a long time.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I just read the letters and after removing the GT-2 from my Attex and disassembling the unit, its a very poor design. More like an Improbability drive. Ill keep my t-20 thank you. Any body need gt-2 parts I have some.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I just read the letters and after removing the GT-2 from my Attex and disassembling the unit, its a very poor design. More like an Improbability drive. Ill keep my t-20 thank you. Any body need gt-2 parts I have some.
    Marc is absolutely right. I'll take a T-20 over these any day. These GT-1 and GT-2 transmissions were junk. Attex was having all kinds of trouble with the output shafts snapping off and they all in all were just an extremely poor design. I'd be willing to bet that these transmissions were what caused Attex to go under. All of that wording in these letters hyping up these transmissions and putting down the T-20 were nothing more than marketing tactics to help sell their machines. It is very unfortunate that Attex had to spend all of that money for retooling when in the end they just had a very bad, troublesome transmission that only lasted a couple years (if that) until their company went under.

It's very cool that Don was able to find these letters though! Who knows what other piece of AATV history he will contribute next.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

was attex the only company using the t-20 at the time they switched to the gt transmission or were there other manufactures using the t-20 as their primary transmission for their machines as well?

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by nate52 View Post
    was attex the only company using the t-20 at the time they switched to the gt transmission or were there other manufactures using the t-20 as their primary transmission for their machines as well?

Nate
    Nate, there were quite a few machines in the 1970's using the T-20, but by the 1980's most had gone out of business. I think the only machines running the T-20 in the early 1980's were Max, Hustler, and I believe Swamp Fox.

o alright, i was just trying to figure out why attex decided to change from a transmission that was working for them, instead of just trying to fix the parts situation described in the article. why change unless they were trying to come up with a new transmission to gain a competitive edge on their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Borg Warner sold the rights to the T-20 to Skid-Steer Corporation. Skid-Steer Corporation was jointly owned by Hustler Corporation and Recreatives Industries. The T-20's were manufactured in Jonesboro, Arkansas at Hustler's factory under the ownership of Lowell Crisco (if you look at some of the earlier T-20's you will see on the tag that it says, "Jonesboro, Arkansas" on it). The T-20's that Max used were shipped up from there and installed in the machines in Recreatives' Buffalo, NY plant.....I saw some of the old freight bills for the shipments of T-20's. Huslter closed and sold out their share to Recreatives. So now Recreatives owns Skid-Steer Corporation, and Borg-Warner has been completely out of the picture for a long time.
    Thanks for the history lesson JP.

+ Reply to Thread