Uploading Avatars

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uploading Avatars

Uploading Avatars

Tip: Use Option 1 when uploading an avatar to get around the size limitations and let the site automatically resize your avatar.

When you upload a custom avatar there is a very small size limitation. Instead of trying to resize your image to fit the site's criteria upload the avatar somewhere online like photobucket.com and then choose Option 1 to Enter the URL to the Image on another website. This will let the site automatically resize the image for you. The site does a good job of maintaining quality and saves you some time in the process.

You can upload your avatar by clicking on "My Profile" at the top right of the page and then selecting "Edit Avatar" on the left hand column.

Do you have any advise for uploading .gif files. The site dont resize them so I had to manually do it. Just curious. I was trying to make one for George but we gave up. I could get it to work on my end but his end didnt work. Never figured out why.

There shouldn't be a problem with gifs. My blue max gif was resized using the site resizer. Maybe have George try a different browser?

When you say that it worked on your end did you try it as your avatar?

I have some antimated gifs that work well, whether they are of larger size or have been resized to fit in a forum. On and off over time I have experimeted with using them as my avitar here, both before and after the site upgrade. They don't work on this site so I must be doing something wrong. After I saw other members using antimated avitars, I tried again but to no avail.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Hope it is figured out. I may need to do an animated Avatar. The one for George is really cool. (When I first saw it I thought you had a new toy Larry , till I saw this post, then it made sense )
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread