Hydratrek

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hydratrek

Thumbs up Larry W Hydratrek

I have a Hydratrek. It's made in Tennessee. Very beefy and powerful compared to other AATVs. It has two 11" props on the back for water propulsion!!! All hydraulics and made from aluminum.

Madness or Magnificent?

OK, Since a couple of these popped up on E-Bay, I've seen (and Had) mixed opinions on this 6-wheeler. Things that jumped out at me are:
    Hull looks bulletproof
    Kubota Diesel
    Nice twin prop setup for good water speed
    Overall looks very well put together. Very Reliable driver?
    What jumped at me in the bad way
    PRICE (I can seriously get an Off Lease 07 Porsche 911 for less!)
    Your Approach and Departure Angles look to be rather low. At least on the models on E-Bay, 25 to no more than 30º on approach and departure looks less than 20º
    Ground PSI looks to be much higher because of the machines beefy-ness.
    It LOOKS like a machine designed for State-Commercial and Industrial use first, Private use second.
    So, since you have one, what do you agree/disagree with, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?
    Thank you, and Welcome to the forum You are now our official Hydratrek expert
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

The hull is tough as nails, literally. It's made from 3/16" military grade aluminum. They say they have never punchured a hull. And they have done extensive testing at the plant.

44hp Kubota diesel in the 6x6 models. I have an 8x8 - 60hp Cummins diesel. They are all turbo charged and very powerful.

The props are cool as it comes and set this machine apart from the others out there.

Machine has been reliable thus far (60+ hours). No issues. I dropped it off at the factory last week for routine oil and hydraulic fluid change (can be done yourself). I told them about this site and they allowed me to take lots of pics and post information about their AATVs.

Not sure what the exact approach angles are, but I have climbed into and out of some serious levees and ravines.

The ground PSI on my 8x8 is 0.8 --> pretty dang low for a 4,000lb machine. It has 24" tracks to disperse the pressure. The 6x6 tracked unit is about 1.7 psi. and weighs 3,200lbs. It has 13" tracks. The true 6x6 unit weighs in at 2,800lbs and has a psi rating of 4.5 (fairly high).

I absolutely enjoy my Hydratrek D2488. One reason I like it so much is that very few people in the world have one right now. I have something very unique that I can bragg about (and I need to bragg all I can after dropping the $$$). It dominates mud, swamps, flooded fields, etc. It is surprisingly responsive and stable in the water -- matter of fact more so compared to any vehicle on this website (i've watched 100s of videos on Youtube lately). Hydratrek has several videos on youtube as well.

Thanks for the response
    Last edited by hydratrek1; 02-16-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydratrek1 View Post
    I have an 8x8 - 60hp Cummins diesel.

Not sure what the exact approach angles are, but I have climbed into and out of some serious levees and ravines.
    I poked around and that 8x8 looks much higher, I fount the factory specs, 52º approach, Muuuchhhh better I see the 6x6 I was looking at is 28º, both 16º departure angle, but with the construction so what if the back hits a little, probably never do more than scuff it

The ground PSI on my 8x8 is 0.8 --> pretty dang low for a 4,000lb machine. It has 24" tracks to disperse the pressure. The 6x6 tracked unit is about 1.7 psi. and weighs 3,200lbs. It has 13" tracks. The true 6x6 unit weighs in at 2,800lbs and has a psi rating of 4.5 (fairly high).
    That 6x6 rating seems right, now the 8x8 is quite impressive, we're gonna bug you for videos of YOUR machine now

I have something very unique that I can bragg about (and I need to bragg all I can after dropping the $$$)
    Having a unique machine is cool. I rescently purchased a Mercedes Unimog and can't wait to have it out on the trails, and ultimately, since it's much rarer than the 404's 406/416's, at a Mogfest. Best way to brag is to bring it to one of the site events. Ohio, PA, North Carolina (Great mud to test anything there ) Hope to see you and your machine in person one of these days!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread