Anyone around Joplin or Neosho Missouri

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone around Joplin or Neosho Missouri

greg pinson

If you,d like to ride at an atv park a lot more suitable for amphibs with out rocks and a whole lot more mud and water, river run, atv park is the place. Mapquest says the shortest distance for you would be 392 miles on US 71-N

I'm in Hermann, MO which is just east of Jefferson City. It's been almost 11 years since our very first 6x6 ride at Deepwater. Many great riders have come and gone and even though it'll never be like the good ol' days, we really need to get another ride going. Myself and Tim at Adair will work on putting something together but we need to find a new riding area near Missouri. Deepwater might have been the best ever but it's gone so we need a new favorite. Anyone with info on riding areas can post it here for all to consider.
    Mudbug, I wish you weren't so far away but I'm sure we will make it down there sooner or later. I know your terrain will be worth the drive.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Has anyone been to Bricks? It is not that far away...

Bricks Offroad Park

Hey that place looks great...lets see if we can get some friends together for a spring ride...im sure a few of us would come down for a weekend!

With all the rain that southern Missouri has been getting, it might be great timing for a bunch of us to get together for a group ride at that "Bricks" atv park you suggested Bud !?!
    Anyone interested

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    With all the rain that southern Missouri has been getting, it might be great timing for a bunch of us to get together for a group ride at that "Bricks" atv park you suggested Bud !?!
    Anyone interested
    I am, and might be able to talk my wife into going as well.

Just another suggestion but St. Joe state park is a fantastic place to ride. The orv area is 2000 acres and there is lots of mud and deep water, plus a lot of trails if you like. 800 acres of it is "tailings" (basically sand) but with lots of deep water holes. It's perfect for amphibs. Here's a link to the park, but it doesn't do it justice: St. Joe State Park | Missouri State Parks
    Here's some vid of me last september. This part was pretty tame but the gal was scared to go to some of the more complicated areas.

I thought more people would know about St. Joe...

If I were you I wouldn't be going to Bricks right now. "All that rain southern Missouri has been getting" has caused major flooding, and Poplar Bluff (real close to Bricks) is completely underwater. Alot of the roads and towns are closed in this area. Just don't want you to drive halfway across MO and have to turn around because of the flooding.

Once I get my Hustler back together and the water has gone down, I may be able to join y'all for a ride at Brick's. It's only 2.5 hours north of me.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

that's a good thought stonewall... st joe park isnt very far away ...would the end of may or the first of june may be work for a few poeple?

I know that the end of May is memorial day and there will be hoards of people down there. The next Saturday would be June 4th; if anybody is down for that I'd be happy to join! With the wet spring so far it should be very soupy with plenty of mud and deep water to play in. We could start a new posting so everybody is aware if some of you are interested. They have a very nice camp ground with showers and such too if anybody wanted to come for an overnight stay, but it could be all booked up. It's a pretty popular place.

+ Reply to Thread