Vanguard Conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanguard Conversion

Smile Vanguard Conversion

I have a 1972 Attex with a T-20 trans and a non stock 400cc Yamaha snowmobile engine in it. I bought a used 18hp Vangurd Engine with a 1" shaft on it. Can anyone recomend what brand or type of clutch I can use on this. I am guessing it won't be as fast as it was with the snowmobile engine but I am hoping to still go about 25 mph or so with it Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am doing the same swap in my Attex. You will probably top out at about 25mph with a Vanguard. You will want to get a Comet clutch for a 1" keyed shaft. You can call up Recreatives Industries, who makes Max ATVs in Buffalo, NY and they would sell you just the clutch you need. Dont forget to change the clutch spring in the driven clutch on the T-20 to compensate for the lower RPMs of the 4 stroke engine too. Take a look at my conversion here for more help.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...storation.html

Do you have some pics of your machine, and where are you located? Maybe you can come join us for some riding if you are in the northeast, or the Western New York area. Good luck with the swap.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread