1969 scrambler break pads

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1969 scrambler break pads

1969 scrambler break pads

hows it going to night
    i wanted to know how every body is getting new break pads installed on the scrambler break disks. or can you get new disks some where. thanks bruce

If you can find a local brake shop, they may be able to replace the brake material for you or you can try McMaster-Carr. Search the name on the web. They are a great resource for parts.

just checked out the site. that looks like they have everything anyone could ever want THANKS for sharing Jay
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

hay jay thanks a lot i looked and they have what i need to fix it my self. that why i love this place ask a question and some one who knows the answer will tell you and save you a lot of problems. so thanks to all that help. bruce

I have heard of a few brake shops relining them. If you do the clutch rotor, do the outside rotor instead of the inside. The outside is easier to remove. It doesn't matter what side the lining is on. I have bought some stuff from mcmaster but have not glued them yet. What glue/epoxy is recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I have heard of a few brake shops relining them. If you do the clutch rotor, do the outside rotor instead of the inside. The outside is easier to remove. It doesn't matter what side the lining is on. I have bought some stuff from mcmaster but have not glued them yet. What glue/epoxy is recommended?
    I think the last time I did the pads on Blackbird before i installed the t-20 i used J-B weld. burnt the heck out of the lining material due to the engine speed and torque but the epoxy kept them glued tight.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I think the last time I did the pads on Blackbird before i installed the t-20 i used J-B weld. burnt the heck out of the lining material due to the engine speed and torque but the epoxy kept them glued tight.
    lol. that is funny but it isnt! Sorry but thanks!!

Glad I could help someone out. Please keep me in mind if you come across any sites or parts as well. As of now I have two scramblers and two Attex so any help is great.

+ Reply to Thread