spd wedge

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: spd wedge

I plan to keep the roll cage but I intend to modify it by extending to the rear and adding a rack on top. I though about rebuilding it out of muffler tubing and incorporating a windscreen but I haven't decided yet. In the pic you can see it is kinda' hanging on barely, I am removing because water got inside it and split the walls of the tubing, should be an easy fix. pound it in with the ballpeen and weld it shut again.

I am currently trying to figure out where to mount the argo tranny and jackshaft assembly, but I have a question for you experts, should I make the tranny mount and the jackshaft drive assembly one piece or two? I am not sure which way to go.

Thanks so much for the info, men. I'll get some pics posted asap. I was on the Joe's Garage site and there are some good Wedge pics there. The machine owned by Chris Cerrato is in excellent shape. I wonder what happened to all those guys?

I have another question for the experts. I have found a muffler that came off of a 1000 cc triple snowmobile engine, The guy said it made his sled as quiet as a car.

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work with the kohler 440 in the wedge provided that I can make it fit?

Hi,
    i´m from germany and i collect 6x6 atvs and everything around them.
    I also own a wedge in worst shape but to restore it need the opposite site of the jetpump.
    (sorry my englisch is far from good)
    In other words i have the jetpump but nothing to connect it to a engine which i also miss. There is a chainsprocket on the jetpump but nothing to connect it with. The only picture i found is on joesgarage but there you could only see half the axle which is needed.
    (i hope someon understand what i want )

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Here's one. I think I might have another pic or two on here, I'll have to look. I'm pretty sure they used a jet pump other than the Jacuzzi jet pump that Hustler used and they were powered by a 295 JLO single. I couldn't tell you much more than that. I think there's a guy in Grand Island, NY that has a nice one, maybe he could tell you more if he's on here or anyone knows him.

I Bought That Wedge ! Thats me in the Red hat as thay loadid it on my truck ! I sold it After I rebult the tranny and did some work on it. I am REALLY Wanting another or That one back so if anyone knows of one PM me PLEASE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Here's one. I think I might have another pic or two on here, I'll have to look. I'm pretty sure they used a jet pump other than the Jacuzzi jet pump that Hustler used and they were powered by a 295 JLO single. I couldn't tell you much more than that. I think there's a guy in Grand Island, NY that has a nice one, maybe he could tell you more if he's on here or anyone knows him.
    Well where did you get that pic from?

I just saw it on this post yesterday ! It was taken by the owners son when he was loading it on my truck. It was up in NJ some years ago. Wish I Never sold it !!!!
    Kinda made me smile to see the pic for sure .

Hello everyone! I am a new owner of in SPD Wedge. Love this thing! I Think it is the most stylish 6X6I have ever seen.I was wondering if anyone still had their wedges and If anyone has the jet pump for sale?
    I also believe someone said they had the factory manual or parts diagram. Would you be willing to send me a copy? I have looked all over the place for one and had no luck. Thanks everyone! Now get out there and ride.

My parts manual is in the Mudd-Ox museum. Maybe Nick or Matt can scan and post a copy of it. I think I have an owner's manual somewhere in my archives.

That would be a great help if they could. How can I get ahold of Nick or Matt? I'm not very familiar with the members as I'm sure you can see. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread