NY Snow? Or Tornado?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NY Snow? Or Tornado?

NY Snow? Or Tornado?

Well, while it was no twister, if you take away the snow and drive around here you sure wouldn't know it. My yard was just devastated. What gets me is I dealt with all the dead stuff, everything that came down in this storm was apparently healthy
    My front yard was bad: As was my neighbors
    --------
    My Backyard however, doesn't look like my yard anymore. I don't think I'll ever recognize it again
    This one really gets me, as this should be a clear view of my clear yard, house and driveway.

Even my racer got in on the act, helping hold up what was left of one of Mogman's tents, the racer and other tent contents are fine, the tent will be repaired, it's only metal.

You'd figure going for a drive would help get your mind off of things? No dice, not when you'r driving UNDER tree after tree

I'm hoping this was not widespread, I know to our west got more snow, but they were also colder so the damage will HOPEFULLY not be as bad. And for what it's worth, I got very lucky, I have no Idea of damage totals but I've seen bad hits and know of at least one fatality from falling limb. Hope our other NorthEast members did OK in this one. (I've already had the wolf out in it, I was bored with no power and no-way to go out
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

That sucks. Was there any ice involved at all or was all of that just snow damage? The way it stuck to everything so well almost looks like ice.

Yeah, here on Long Island we had our share of this wet heavy snow too. I'm glad Spring is not far off.

Looks like the aftermath of a heavy wet snow. In spite of the destruction to the trees, it does have a beauty about it. Maybe that thought won't make you feel quite as bad.... just maybe a little.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That sucks. Was there any ice involved at all or was all of that just snow damage? The way it stuck to everything so well almost looks like ice.
    Mike, it started with wet snow, went to light drizzle and back to wet heavy snow. It was just around freezing, so no Ice, but no melting either, and it just built up on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Looks like the aftermath of a heavy wet snow. In spite of the destruction to the trees, it does have a beauty about it. Maybe that thought won't make you feel quite as bad.... just maybe a little.

Bridget
    Oh, I feel fine. I have a lot of work as this thaws out, BUTTT, I'm not paying for firewood this fall I've been thru storms with heavy wet stuff before, just never seen damage anything CLOSE to this before, at least not in this area. I'll take some video of the Wolf tomorrow, which DID go thru the 18"+ of white stuff, mostly unstuck, which I didn't expect. My only vise was turning around, which I had to do plenty, as there is no path that can make a complete loop untill I break out some saws.

Glad everybody and everything(minus trees) were ok at your place. Sure does look nasty. We got a lot of wet snow over here in sw michigan but that was about it. Just snow.

I guess I was lucky....I got Friday off but I also had my plans squashed for riding upstate with some buddies. Last I heard, there was another 22 inches of snow dropped there.
    Banned

We got a heck of a lot here in Western NY too. I had my Max out today and I was very impressed that it made it through such deep snow. None of my neighbors with 4 wheelers attempted to go out in it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Glad everybody and everything(minus trees) were ok at your place. Sure does look nasty. We got a lot of wet snow over here in sw michigan but that was about it. Just snow.
    No-one around here hurt at least, I probably lost the fenders and hood of that car, and the tent over it has a 1'X1' L shaped rip and a couple holes, but all in all, It could have been a HECK of a lot worse. (If those twin trees went the other way, I'd have lost the wolf, half the parts for the racer, a NOS lower tub and the tent it's all in, so suffice to say I'm happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    We got a heck of a lot here in Western NY too. I had my Max out today and I was very impressed that it made it through such deep snow. None of my neighbors with 4 wheelers attempted to go out in it.
    My neighbor tried to plow with his 4-wheeler. I made fun of him a bit and he gave up (Nice to have neighbors with good senses of humor) Probably because he couldn't go 2 feet before he was stopped, even backing and ramming.
    I would think you would break out the Bigfoot for the deep stuff, or is the max a lighter footprint? Or is there a bump in the tunnel of a bigfoot like a 950 and that's an issue in deep snow? Just kinda curious.
    Last edited by 6X6; 03-01-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Reply to JP

+ Reply to Thread