Why you bought your first 6x6, 8x8!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you bought your first 6x6, 8x8!

It was soooo long ago, but I had to asked Whipper about this one. A few months after getting home from Nam, he spotted his first Max. Since he drove a tank in Nam, he figured he should be able to drive this thing. He tells me that it was to get chicks, but the only chick he got was the 18 year old that he made the mistake of taking for a ride. He pays for that now every day. Poor Guy.

Bridget

I heard that one of my friends had a 6x6 about 4 yrs. ago. It had been 25 years since I had ridden in one, but I remembered everything about them when I started to think about it. It became an obsession even though I hadn't seen one other than in magazines in years. I mentioned wanting one to one of my friends and he said that he had 2 8x8's. I tried to buy one and he wouldn't sell it. But he did get me in touch with Ken Bost. After a short test drive, I became the owner of a new Argo Bigfoot and the rest is history. Well, maybe not. Don and Bud let me take a spin in the Budracer and George let me pilot the Apache, so now there is an Attex under construction in my shop. I even jumped on the opportunity to move to a different house not because I liked it that much more but because I had much better riding. Talk about an addiction.

McCoy
    I Love the Smell of KLOTZ in the Morning. It Smells Like....... HORSEPOWER!

Because I wanted one ever since I drooled over the Jiger in Popular Science back in the 60's when I was a kid!
    1 Hustler 880, 1.5 Coots, formerly an Imp Kadoo

my dad had one back in the early eighties and it was always a blast to ride in, but i bought mine for saftey over a quad and the fact that i can haul anything that i want. the other i found is that they don't wear you out as much as a quad, i sold my quad( 350 big bear) in order to get my 97 conquest, have not looked back. i love what i can do or go through with the argo over the quad, now my wife to be has just bought an older six wheel argo. i can't wait to see her playing around in it. with camping and hunting, i think that these machinces are the ultimate for going anywhere you want. i look forward to leaving the 4 wheels behind and not even notice what they get stopped by.
    mud and ice

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    the only chick he got was the 18 year old that he made the mistake of taking for a ride. He pays for that now every day. Poor Guy.
    This world needs more chicks like that 18 year old!
    Banned

I hear you on these going wherever you want! I had a friend call a few weeks ago and they had a nephew visiting from LA. He's a young guy about 22 and is a film student. He wanted to film some Nebraska woods for a class project and wondered if I could show him my property. As we crossed the dam between my 2 ponds we came across a deadfall about 12"-14" blocking the path. he said, "uh oh! This doesn't look good!" I just walked right over it with the bigfoot. Then we came to the pond and he squirmed a bit in the seat next to me and we went right across. From then on all we talked about was these machines, and he forgot to take pictures! He may not get a great grade on the film project but I'm betting he will own a 6x6 or 8x8 someday.

I was 15 and saw this...... . [IMG][/IMG] :-O
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

Wait, GI JOE curse of the mummy's tomb wheels, or GI JOE curse of the mummy's tomb tracks?

As for me, I enjoy being out so much, but it's hard to fit the whole fam. Shannon picked out my argo, and said she would hunting in that. SOOO, she sort of bought it, and now we all hunt together. Wonderful to meet the most hardcore sportsman in America on the trails, and drive by with my youngest in a pink jumpsuit drinking a juicebox and playing Nintendo DS! They are happy, I AM HAPPY

I was looking around for a 6x6, not very hard, when a hustler 950 that needed some work popped up on craigslist for $250 bucks about 15-20 miles from me, I just happened to get half a day off work when I found it, which made me the first person to contact the seller. I almost believe it was fate that I got off work early that day, I went and picked up the hustler, put a little work into it, and have been having a great time ever since.
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I read one of these stories I have to smile. Sometimes it's chuckling or laughing out loud. I think it's because everyone's story is so close to my own experiences. This weekend my grandson came to spend some time with us and had me working on a school project in the workshop while he went to the barn and sat in the argo. He told my wife, " I just love this machine!" I'm sure he'll have one someday, maybe mine! If he can already get me to work while he plays......

+ Reply to Thread