2010 mudd ox turbo diesel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 mudd ox turbo diesel

2010 mudd ox turbo diesel

Here are some pics of the new diesel for the Mudd ox. I will get mine in July 2010, I can not wait!!
    Attached Images

Hunt4life,

Lucky you! I can,t wait to see a video of your turbo diesel in action. The forum member Cougar is getting a gas Mudd-Ox pretty soon too.

I have a video but have not figured out how to get it on the forum yet. It sounds like a mini race car and Matt said the front tires came off the ground a little when he pushed the sticks forward real fast. The diesel gets real good fuel mileage burning around 1 gallon of diesel every 4 hours under a load. The unleaded burns 7 gallons every 4 hours. The Kabota is a 44 or 45hp, I cannot remember which right now and 105LBS torque. It can be geared for multiple speeds and torque ranges. Matt is already selling the new Turbo diesels to a Canadian oil company and they keep the machines running 24/7. This is good because Matt will be able to work all the kinks out of the machine for the new customers like me. The dealer up here should be getting there demo machines in a couple of weeks. So if you get a chance go check it out or just go to the sports show.

Thanks for sharing Hunt4life. If you need help posting the video that we all can't wait to see you can contact Mike, the monitor of this site, and he can help you get it on the website. Good luck with yours, I'll bet the wait until July will be especially hard knowing how great the new diesel option sounds.

Mike, can you give Hunt4life the directions on how to post his video? Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Here are some photos of the Mudd-Ox 44.2 HP Kubota Turbo Diesel. What a blast to drive!!!

Enjoy!!!

Matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt O.; 03-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Here are some more photos.

Enjoy!!!

Matt
    Attached Images

Thanks Matt, that is one serious looking machine. Any video of it yet? Can't wait to hear what that engine sounds like. I am also amazed that you were able to fit the engine in the same space as the gasser, or did you plan to put the diesel in there from day one of the design? The speed at which you make changes is trully amazing, especially compared to Max and Argo, who seem to move at glacial speed with their changes. Can't wait to test drive one soon.

Just a few other details about the new diesel Mudd-Ox. It is now direct drive to the hydraulic pump i.e. no CVT clutch in fact all the gas models also use direct drive now. this eliminates a number of parts and simplify things. The gas motor is also now mounted in line and not transversally in the body. The new diesel also has a new dash to include a tach and is back lit in red. It has a larger battery and allows easy access to the all filters and maintenance items. Matt told me in 2008 that he planned a diesel and he did it in a very short time and ultimately he did not have to even modify the engine cover to fit it in. Twin 60 chains throughout, 105 amp alternator, 4000lb winch, skid plate, 8 bearing extensions are all standard on the diesel. There is now a aluminum cab available and the improvements keep on coming!!!
    Last edited by Mike; 03-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Starting to look alot like my Triton.

And probably approaching it's weight also, with the diesel it has got to be getting near a ton of weight, I think the gasser goes about 1600 pounds and we know diesels always weigh more. Anybody got the weight spec on the diesel option Ox?

+ Reply to Thread