New Mudd-Ox aluminum cabs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Mudd-Ox aluminum cabs

New Mudd-Ox aluminum cabs

Here are some pictures of now available aluminum cabs for the Mudd-Ox. They are available in diamond plate, smooth, or powder coated to match the machines. Options will include sliding rear and side windows , windshield wipers. They all have escape hatches out the roof for safety reasons and weight about 160 lbs with the glass windows.

100_6466.jpg100_6471.jpg100_6468.jpg100_6470.jpg100_6467.jpg
    Last edited by akexpress; 03-07-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spacing

Mudd-ox with cab.jpg

The Mudd-Ox with aluminum cab looks good.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-17-2011 at 08:58 PM.

It's more than nice to be in shirt sleeves at 30 below when you have a heater to go along with that cab!
    Bubba, ( old warm Bubba who likes being pampered.)

Letter from Scott,...
    Scott, Not really. It is one tough rig. I did find a bit of a glitch in the chain tensioners. I think Matt has addressed that already.
    My tensioners would slip back down, but I put some star washers on the tightener bolts and stopped that.
    I'm in the process of doing a bit of welding on the brackets, so I can adjust them by tightening a bolt.
    If you are interested in my design let me know.
    I have used my ox to do about everything. I have a heater, windshield wipers,boom arm on back ( killer design) that I made.
    I'm also going to cut and re-do the windshield so it will lay down. I'm pulling the top cap off and putting on one made out of nagahide(camo). I want a convertible for moose hunting. It should be easy with the frame they built.
    I have also re-done the fans for running in this sub-zero cold. My heater is all that usually runs. I have one on a toggle switch and the main one on a temperature switch that runs off the engine coolant. It works great!! I'm doing a video on these up-grades this spring and I'll send them to anyone who is interested in what I have done.
    Next summer I'm building an aluminum trailer with big skii's. I will do broken snow machine retreavals for anyone broken down in the mountains.
    Anyhoo, I'm putting together a repair kit for chain repair in the field. It will consist of several spare links and a dremmel tool to grind off a broken link etc. Without a special pair of channel locks to pull the chain together and a dremmel grinder, you will have a hard time repairing broken chains.
    I will post all of this stuff when I get a chance. As far as the dependability of the Mudd Ox, I travel out into frozen country in the winter, and out into bogs that can't be walked in the summer. I feel very confident in my machine.
    I know that I can repair most anything that might fail. Failure could get me killed.
    I have some other secrets such as a spare jumper with allegator clips. It will jump my glow plugs or any of the fans etc, should a relay fail. I carry spare little relays also.
    Glad you liked the book.
    Bubba

Bubba

You sound like a very handy guy. You really need to be handy in the harsh out back that you ride in.

+ Reply to Thread