Weekend Trail Ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Trail Ride

Weekend Trail Ride

Edit - Here's the video:

YouTube - Amphibious ATV Trail Ride

After weeks of schedule conflicts, this past weekend I drove up to finally meet with forum member McCoy for a trail ride just a few miles from his hometown of Alexis, NC. McCoy has an Argo Bigfoot 6x6 and his friend Eric also joined us with his four wheeler.

The three of us got to the trails around 11 am and we rode for a good 4-5 hours straight. It was perfect six wheeling fall weather and I couldn't have asked for better people to ride with. I don't think I have ever had so much fun riding my Max.

The first part of the trails that we rode were newly cut through some woods and they were fairly tight. Luckily McCoy was in front of me and he plowed through some of the narrow areas making them wide enough for the both of us. He definitely earned the new nickname of Dozer!

The wooded trails led to open areas and finally we ended up in some marsh type land and a lake. From creeks to a couple of steep hills, these trails had it all and I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time.

McCoy and I both teased Eric a little about needing to trade in that 4 wheeler for a 6x6 and you can see that he finally agreed to it. This picture shows him on the phone putting in an order to RI for a new Max

Here is McCoy getting his Argo muddy:

We took several pictures and a couple of videos. I will get the videos up in a few days but I have the rest of the pictures here in the gallery: Weekend Six Wheeling Trail Ride

Thanks to both of you guys for an awesome trip. I look forward to doing it again soon!
    Last edited by Mike; 11-15-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added video!

Mike, that looks like a great place to ride. Im glad that you're spreading the hobby of 6x6ing in the south!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Last time you went out , you couldn't fit through the gate. Glad to see you finally got to go ride. It's always fun to go with another 6 wheeler. Great pics. Looks like it was a fun place to ride, but I have a question, Mike. Why is your car so clean? Did you not wear your playclothes?You had a chance to catch some air. Still waiting for your Air Bud shot.

Whipper

I did get dirty later in the ride at that lake. I was just taking pictures so you don't see much of me. And I didn't even think to get an Air Bud pic. Next time we're out though I will try to get one. I ain't skeered!

Looks like you all had a good time!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Here's a little video of the ride. Most of it is show with my Polaroid digital camera. We only broke the camcorder out a couple of times:

YouTube - Amphibious ATV Trail Ride

man i hate i missed that ride!!! hopefully i'll be able to make it out next time!!!!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Great video Mike. Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Banned

Thanks George! It was a blast. And Brian, you have got to go with us next time. McCoy and Eric took us to some cool places to ride. I lost a drain plug so I didn't get to play in the water too much. Hopefully I will next time though.

Mike,
    When I bought my Buffalo as an incentive to send in the warranty registration RI offered a keychain drain plug holder.

You may want to call them and see if you can purchase one. I keep the Buffalo's key on it and two plugs and two small cotter pins inside.

chris

+ Reply to Thread