Sperry Rand Tricub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sperry Rand Tricub

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I happen to run into this article with the and saw a trike with attex tires, lol. Thought you may like it.

Page 88 They called it a dune cycle? Is it same thing or not?

Popular Science - Google Books
    Good find, Larry! I think the Dunecycle was made by someone else, but I can't remember who.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If you look at the pictures of the dune cycle, the tires are "normal" for non amphibious use. But the one with it standing on end. They look backwards.(for them) Strange Must be they had an amphib geek put new tires on for him, lol.

I was curious about the tire direction too. The Tricub I'm getting also has the tires installed this way (seemingly backwards) and this 1971 SPD ad shows the Tricub with the cleat tires mounted the same way. I'm getting a photocopy of a Tricub owner's manual, so I'm interested to see what it shows.
    SPD Ad - 1971.jpg

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    $227.50 + shipping... Yikes! Anybody out there with a decent, serviceable pair that you want to part with?
    Last edited by wildman; 03-18-2010 at 03:45 PM.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

I picked up the Tricub on Friday. It runs greats, so I already have taken some rides in the woods... really not bad for a 5 hp Briggs. I took some photos today and started an album. The metal flake finish (option) is awesome! It just screams 1970.
    Tricub - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Even mrs. wildman took a turn. This one may become hers.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

great find. i must say i'm incredibly jealous! a tricart and tricub are 2 machines i'd love to add to my fleet. just a note on baloon tires, they did come in 2 sizes that i know of. measured in circumfrence, i think there were 63" and 65". if you get tires from 2 different people, make sure they are both the same size.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Very cool. I love that you can now go out triking with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    great find. i must say i'm incredibly jealous! a tricart and tricub are 2 machines i'd love to add to my fleet. just a note on baloon tires, they did come in 2 sizes that i know of. measured in circumfrence, i think there were 63" and 65". if you get tires from 2 different people, make sure they are both the same size.
    Uniroyal made 61" balloons for Attex, and then under their own name as well. The tread was a little different along the sidewall. I'd like to find a full set of them for an Attex.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I to own a tri-cub, it's a blast to drive. my 5 year old daughter, who is autistic can't get enough of tri-cub rides. you can still purchase original (balloon) tires from Richards Relics in Indiana. I would like to purchase a tri-cart if you know of any for sale?

Welcome fellow Tricubber! I've been really enjoying my Tricub this summer and it was a big hit during my July 4th gathering. Check out my Tricub and Tricart galleries on this site. I really need to get serious about about finding some new rear meats for this one since they're down to holding air for only a few hours now. I haven't tried RR yet... still hoping that I'll stumble across some others first. These are definitely the smaller diameter balloons. The sidewalls say to inflate to 58" circumference, but the Tricub manual says to inflate to 61".
    Tire pressure.JPG

Tricarts are getting hard to find... especially ones that aren't basket cases. There was one sold on ebay this week for $102RARE! 60's Tri Cart Go Cart 3 Wheeler Go Kart Quad RARE: eBay Motors (item 120593708443 end time Jul-18-10 18:28:25 PDT) ... not a complete basket case, but rough around the edges and no engine. There was definitely $100 worth of parts there. This listing started with a $1500 buy-it-now price, which seemed pretty optimistic to me.
    Last edited by wildman; 07-21-2010 at 07:44 AM.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

+ Reply to Thread