Sperry Rand Tricub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sperry Rand Tricub

What a tricart without an engine and clutch worth? Fiberglass is good no cracks or pieces gone, seat needs recovered has good tires.

Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post
    What a tricart without an engine and clutch worth? Fiberglass is good no cracks or pieces gone, seat needs recovered has good tires.
    If you use ebay as gauge... probably $100-$200. Sadly, they're usually worth more in parts than as a whole. Most of the ones I've seen for sale have been pretty tired and some didn't even make $100. If the tires are truly good, they should be worth $100 alone. If somebody is trying to restore one with a hacked body, a decent body could be valuable to him. What you got? Send or post photos.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Thanks for the reply, I guess i paid top dollar for it then. I auctualy thought it would be worth a little more. Should have asked before buying! I gave $202.50 for it on ebay last night. That was my top bid and i firuged someone else would give a little more. But I was wrong((
    Think we'll look it over when it gets to us and then decide if we want to fix or resell it?
    Last edited by steveohio; 07-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Wildman,

Did you ever find a place to get a new seat cushion reproduced? I recall an earlier post you were looking. I just purchased a tri cart and tri cub together. Need two seat cushions for them. Also need a new tricart fiberglass seat shell. The existing one is pretty well shot with a lot of repair attemps and soft spots.

DKESONSET

Quote Originally Posted by dkesonset View Post
    Wildman,

Did you ever find a place to get a new seat cushion reproduced? I recall an earlier post you were looking. I just purchased a tri cart and tri cub together. Need two seat cushions for them. Also need a new tricart fiberglass seat shell. The existing one is pretty well shot with a lot of repair attemps and soft spots.

DKESONSET
    DK ... Sorry for delayed reply... I've been away from this board for a while. I had a seat cushion made for one of my Tricarts at a local upholstery shop. They did ok job but took forever. I have since found out that another local shop made all the original prototype and early production seats for SPD. One of the old SPD enginneers in the area recently bought a Wedge and has approached them about making new cushion for that. The shop thought that they may even still have the patterns (same cushion on Wedges and Tricarts). Anyway I'm waiting to see how his comes out before get anymore made.

The Tricart seat shells are tough to come by. I've never seen one for sale alone and most with units are already trashed. I was lucky with my 2 units with the shells both being in decent shape. I had thought that I could probably make a mold for fiberglass using an original as a pattern if I ever needed one for a future project.

The Tricub seat is different design, plus there are a couple of different styles. Mine has smooth cover sewn directly onto a plastic shell. The shell snaps onto the body. I've seen photos of other Tricubs with the pleated seats (similar to the Tricart/Wedge seat), but not sure if these had the under shell or not.

I would like to see some photos of your trikes.
    Last edited by wildman; 09-24-2010 at 01:29 PM.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

I'll snap some pics and get them on here. The other day, I saw some "spray on" bed liner that when applied and cured, was like 3/16" thick and hard as a rock. I was thinking I could get the seat sprayed with that stuff on the outside which would leave a nice finish, still fit in the machine, and provide the strength of a new seat?
    Thanks for the info on the seat cushion. I'll contact an upholstry shop in Milwaukee this week and inquire.

dke

Interesting idea with the bed liner. I'm not sure about the strength of that stuff on it's own, but it might work. If you could coat the seat with some kind of release material first then separate, the liner material might make a decent mold for a new fiberglass shell. I had another Tricart owner with an original cushion make me some full-scale paper patterns. I should be able to copy them. PM me your mailing address and I'll send copies. These patterns should be helpful in getting reproduction made, if you don't have anything else to go on.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Tricub with ski

Finally got just enough snow to install the ski and try out the Tricub... What a blast!

wildboy putting it thru the paces... enjoy.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Wildboy got a couple of good slides in. It was funny, when he was far away from the camera, you couldn't see the ski as well, and it looked like the front end was just floating in the air.

Tri Cub Video

Cool Video Wildman. We have about the same amount of snow here in Milwaukee. Looking for temps in the high 40's this weekend, so goodbye snow.

Attached are pics of my new toys, yet to be worked on.

Sonset

3 wheelers 004.jpg3 wheelers 005.jpg3 wheelers 002.jpg3 wheelers 007.jpg3 wheelers 008.jpg

+ Reply to Thread