Sperry Rand Tricub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sperry Rand Tricub

Quote Originally Posted by dkesonset View Post
    Cool Video Wildman. We have about the same amount of snow here in Milwaukee. Looking for temps in the high 40's this weekend, so goodbye snow.

Attached are pics of my new toys, yet to be worked on.

Sonset
    I like those projects... about the same as my waiting list.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Great project pictures and winter videos! I'm still working on fiberglass repairs on my Tricart over the winter, and it's coming out fairly well. The Max VIII has been occupying most of my project time, but in the lull's, I lay another layer of fabric, sand, repeat.... The next couple months will probably see the fabrication of the new driveline and rebuild of the parts I'm reusing. the engine, mount and associated parts were all missing, so it's a grand opportunity to make some minor mods.

~m

Just bumping this thread up. I just joined and will be looking for all the info I can get on the Tr Cub's. I have two that have been in the family since new from what I've been told. I grew up on them. Both are complete but need to be cleaned up and I do need some parts. Hope to get some great info!

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXCF View Post
    Just bumping this thread up. I just joined and will be looking for all the info I can get on the Tr Cub's. I have two that have been in the family since new from what I've been told. I grew up on them. Both are complete but need to be cleaned up and I do need some parts. Hope to get some great info!
    Hyper... Welcome to the board. Us Trikers need to stick together on here.

I replied to your email with some more info.

Unfortunately, there's not much for parts available anymore. Some of the common items like bearings etc. are still active parts in the New Holland system under the same part numbers. Many items were common go kart and minibike components of that era, so some stuff came be found at those sources. Everything else you have to make or have made.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your Tricubs posted here.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Thanks Wildman and thank you for the email. The part I need most is a differential. I just got off the phone with a local chrome re-plate company and will hopefully get the handlebars over there as soon as I can. I'll get some pic's up in the next day or so.

Thanks Wildman and thank you for the email. The part I need most is a differential. I just got off the phone with a local chrome re-plate company and will hopefully get the handlebars over there as soon as I can. I'll get some pic's up in the next day or so.
    Hand onto your checkbook when you get that plating done. I had all the Tricart, Tricub and Minicub handlebars, brake levers, etc replated, but Ouch! Fortunately there's not much chrome on those things.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Well I've got most of the one tri cub disassembled. My current dilemma is the rear axle/differential. All the bearings will need to replaced and the one jack shaft has a slight bend to it along with the idler gear. The bearings being bad in the rear axle is what took out the diff. So if you plan to run one of these make sure the rear bearings are good because so far finding a diff is becoming a challenge. Here are some photos of my two, I posted a bunch!!

Here's my current situation. An old repair due to the differential failing. This was caused by bad rear axle bearings.

Last edited by HyperXCF; 03-29-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Just spoke with my local New Holland dealer about the rear axle bearings (41448). They are available and cross to a Case IH# 56499R92. About $20 a piece.

Well need to edit this as I found the Napa replacement part numbers for the rear axle and jack shaft bearings:

Axle-New Holland #41448 Napa# RA014RRB $17.39

Jackshaft-New Holland #66006 Napa#RA010RRB $16.69

Thanks to Wildman the idler sprocket at TSC could be part# 1182009. I haven't checked that yet but looks like to be the one.
    Last edited by HyperXCF; 03-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Gas tank is a Briggs & Stratton #290816. The common metal gas tank that came from 8HP Briggs. Not cheap! Lol

Just spoke with my local New Holland dealer about the rear axle bearings (41448). They are available and cross to a Case IH# 56499R92. About $20 a piece.

Well need to edit this as I found the Napa replacement part numbers for the rear axle and jack shaft bearings:

Axle-New Holland #41448 Napa# RA014RRB $17.39

Jackshaft-New Holland #66006 Napa#RA010RRB $16.69

Thanks to Wildman the idler sprocket at TSC could be part# 1182009. I haven't checked that yet but looks like to be the one.
    Seems like a pretty inexpensive repair. That's cool that the parts are all still readily available too.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread