Sperry Rand Tricub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sperry Rand Tricub

Quote Originally Posted by rungmc View Post
    I have to same tricub as you do. my tires run with the point of the tread to the front like a farm tractor. I like the ski idea. it looks like an old snowmobile ski, is it? Know anybody with a seat for sale? Thanks, John
    Hey John... The original Tricubs that I have seen in person and in early ad photos all have the tire chevrons pointing toward rear as viewed from top. The general consensus is that this configuration is best for more fluid-like surfaces... sand, snow, wet mud, water (AATVs). The more traditional tractor config (chevron pointing forward) is better for firmer surfaces like turf, dirt, thick mud, etc. The ski on mine is SPD factory ski kit. It looks very close to sled skis from that era, but I have not yet seen exact match on any production sled. I believe that SPD bought this ski as shelf item and added the axle bracket to create their kit. They offered this kit on Tricarts and Tricubs... only added spacers for Tricarts to make up for longer axle length.

Regarding the seat, there are at least 2 different Tricub versions. One, as in some of my earlier Tricub photos, with unpleated, smooth cover sewn directly to a plastic shell that snaps to the body. The 2nd type is a pleated seat cover, as shown on some of my later photos, that snaps directly to the body with no shell. I had one of these made at an upholstery shop from photos and it looks good and works well. I've never seen a loose Tricub seat for sale and even most Tricubs I've seen for sale have no seat at all.

Good luck with your project... let's see some photos

Tricart/Tricub ski kit
    Last edited by wildman; 01-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

I'm finally getting around to putting my Tri-Cub back together. Just dropped off the body to our local fiberglass marine repair shop for a complete restoration. Not going to be cheap but will be like brand new. No pics yet but getting there!

Good to hear the your Tricub project is back on track, Hyper. I know as well as anyone that the priority on these projects can get sidetracked in the normal course of life. Make sure that you post photos of your progress.

I added 3 Tricubs to my fleet in 2014. One is a nice all-original survivor 5hp… even has original balloon rear tires still holding air! The 2nd one, an original 8hp roller, which I finally was able to pry away from dkesonset. The 3rd one I haven’t even taken delivery of yet, but has made part of the journey back to PA, now residing at a buddy’s house in OH. This one is in the toughest shape of the 3, but is also 8hp still with the original elect start Briggs. I think that I can save it.

At your disposal for consultation on your project.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

I came across this thread when i was searching for a SPD ski for my tri cub. Glad to see a bunch of others on here with one. Mine is a bit modified if you wanna call it

Choco, welcome to the forum. That is a beautiful tri-cub. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Nice looking Tricub... welcome aboard.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Nice rig you have there! What do you have for power? Is that a newer OHV Briggs?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Just posting some recent pics from the Summer with it's new tires.

+ Reply to Thread