just bought an 1983 8x8 argo.now what?lol

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: just bought an 1983 8x8 argo.now what?lol

i have a beautiful donor here waiting for ya with alternator kit electric fuel pump and electric fan too!!
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

okay guys,the I/C ARGO ERA IS OVER.i delivered my orange beast to its new owner today.very nice fellow just north of me.i hope he enjoys it as much as i have while i used it.almost shed a tear when i drove away and left it at its new home.spent many enjoyable hours in garage working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    okay guys,the I/C ARGO ERA IS OVER.i delivered my orange beast to its new owner today.very nice fellow just north of me.i hope he enjoys it as much as i have while i used it.almost shed a tear when i drove away and left it at its new home.spent many enjoyable hours in garage working on it.
    Congrats Plotthound somebody got a good deal there,now you can concentrate on the conquest project,you and RD are like brothers in arms you guys are making killer Conquests,best of luck on your new Argo build.NCT

thanks NCT,my capabilities are far from that of RD.yes the new owner got a sweet deal,i just hope he enjoys it as much as i did.

I know the feeling when you sell something you put so much time and money into.
    Im sure the new owner will get many years of enjoyment from that machine with all the upgrades you did.
    Did you sell the tracks with it?
    I hope the new owner becomes a member of 6x6 world so we can see it in action.
    I love the older style argos but they are very hard to find in Ontario especially in that good condition.

yupper it was like my baby.and yes the tracks,top and windshield all went with it.got a few more parts here for it that i have to round up,then in the mail they go.

well Plott someone got a smoking deal, if we could only pay ourselves for the ammount of time we put into fixing up our old machines i bet we would both be millionare's lol im sure the new owner will enjoy it as much as you have!!!
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Yes, plott i know the feeling, when the 06 went down the road it was very hard to watch. When you have a tried and true machine it is hard to part with. Hope the new guy realizes all the upgrades that are in that machine. It has a completely redone bottom with splined axles and that is a major plus. Hope a member bought it or a soon to be member. We would like to hear of it's new adventures and maybe a video. Hope your new machine works out well my friend.

Lewis

Nice..........can't wait till mines at that stage

+ Reply to Thread