May get project ATTEX no idea of worth

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May get project ATTEX no idea of worth

May get project ATTEX no idea of worth

I may have opportunity to get an ATTEX 6 wheeler on a trade. I have a horse, as well as other tack and misc stuff (which will hold value and cost nothing to keep unlike horse) that I think the other person wants also on barter. I would like help on valuation of this machine as I do not want to lose big time or take advantage of the other party. My guess is that I would need some cash on the deal.

As of now the Attex is partially disassembled and non running. It has a engine which the owner says is a not original snowmobile engine. It has 440 stamped on top. I looked at in the dark on a whim. Is dark green. I will try to get photo on.

I probably would get this machine if the deal sounds good enough.

Zeb
    Attached Images

Hi, Zeb;

That's a later model Attex with a Polyethylene body and one of the more desirable types. If the body's in good shape and the transmission's okay it would most likely bring $500+ at auction, running or not, even though the market has slowed lately. If you get the thing and decide you don't want it, there's a group of us on this site, myself included, that would take it off your hands.

Good luck with it.
    Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

That is a nice machine, and it looks like an exact copy of my green machine. If you get it we can help each other along on our restorations.......this post might help you out. I paid $350 for mine and it is probably around the same condition as this machine you have pictured. The good thing about 6 wheelers is that they hold their value pretty well. I wouldnt ever hesitate restoring an old machine because when you go to sell it you will always make your money back, and then some.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...storation.html

Here is my green machine as I found it. Your future machine sure looks like it has some serious potential!!!
    Last edited by jpswift1; 11-14-2007 at 12:03 AM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If you could also snap a picture of the inside of the machine with the engine and transmission, that would be great. If the machine has a T-20, that would be excellent, since this is the all time best 6x6 transmission out there. Attex also used a transmission before they went out of business known as the GT-1 and GT-2. This transmission had many problems and it was not very reliable. This picture is a GT-2 transmission.

This picture is a T-20. This is much more desireable and parts are still available for it. The T-20 is a bulletproof transmission!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks, for info. As I make replies I will try to add more photos.
    Attached Images

More photos

I am glad I found this place. Some advice available with an idea of what I am looking at. My buddy told me just buy it. He is someitmes to quick to do thigns so I figured I would research. If I get ajunker it looks like there is a support staff.

All my photos at this point were taken at night so the quality was hard to get with camera I have to use.

I think I have the "good" transmission. The owner talke of fixing shift forks in transmission. Is that a common issue?

Thanks to all again,

Zeb
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zebwalli View Post
    I am glad I found this place. Some advice available with an idea of what I am looking at. My buddy told me just buy it. He is someitmes to quick to do thigns so I figured I would research. If I get ajunker it looks like there is a support staff.

All my photos at this point were taken at night so the quality was hard to get with camera I have to use.

I think I have the "good" transmission. The owner talke of fixing shift forks in transmission. Is that a common issue?

Thanks to all again,

Zeb
    Zeb, That is indeed a T-20, which is the desireable transmission to have. It looks like that engine has a Comet 102C driven clutch on it and a Mikuni carb, which you could probably get a few bucks for on ebay. Forum member Hydromike did a repair on the trail to the shifter on his T-20.

If the unit is jammed into gear too hard, there are little pins that will break off. I have seen this before and the pins, which are a couple bucks from Recreatives Industries, Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 pop right in there. If you could get this machine for a good price, I would go and buy it right now. There certainly is a support staff with many years of combined experience with these machines. I can say without hesitation that you would have no problem getting this machine trail worthy again with the help of 6x6world.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 11-14-2007 at 07:41 PM.

I met with the owners of this machine today. They offered to trade me for the horse I am selling, A saddle which she(decision maker) will pay $100 cash for and a steel panel round pen which I can get $600 for from a different party. I think I would end up getting to short end of the stick with this scenario.

They claim the thing runs if it just gets a battery and carburetor work. Is the price for the machine in earlier posts still about right with (I am assuming) transplant snowmobile engine of some sort. They also stated that it goes about 40 miles per hour-safe? Hard on transmission? Should this engine be replaced if it runs?

She claims they paid $1500 for it a couple of years ago and have put about $800 into it. It was purchased at that time put together and running from an equipment dealer.

Horse will end up costing money so I am trying to determine counter offer.

Photo of dash was wondering about the bombardier decal? Also different angle inside the tub for more condition suggestions.

Thanks,

Zeb
    Attached Images

Z~

I'd say the way the thing sits, it may be worth $500 to $600, but it looks like it may need more work than the seller's saying. The Bombardier sticker must have been added by someone- Attex used quite a few different brands of engine, but I don't think Rotax was ever in the mix. 40 miles an hour isn't that unusual for an older two-stroke machine, and the the transmissions hold up fine. The T20 is the next best thing to bullet-proof for a skid-steer. The shifters shouldn't break easily unless they're badly worn (or you shift like my son).

Good luck with the machine if you decide to get it.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks Don.

Researching this machine makes a guy want to get one. I brought my 9 year old son to see it and he wasn't to exited about it as he would rather see me buy something that works not a project-and even to him it looks like a project.

Zeb

+ Reply to Thread