MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

I just did the split shift mod last weekend and thanks to larry for the great video. I think I finshed it in and hour took longer to dig up a 1/2 inch pipe coupler than to weld and cut everything. To those who do this simple mod, watch out I spun mine so hard the fuel pump could'nt pick up fuel and killed the motor. Also thought my son was going to hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb35 View Post
    I just did the split shift mod last weekend and thanks to larry for the great video. I think I finshed it in and hour took longer to dig up a 1/2 inch pipe coupler than to weld and cut everything. To those who do this simple mod, watch out I spun mine so hard the fuel pump could'nt pick up fuel and killed the motor. Also thought my son was going to hurl.
    lol, Glad to help and thanks for funny story

Question... Is the 360 spin controlable? What I mean is, is it dangerous? Some say its scary fast during rotation. One kid almost hurled.
    I'd like to do this mod but only if it allows slow controlable 360 turns.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Yes it is completely controlable with the sticks and throttle. You could put a small pin in in it to lock it back if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Yes it is completely controlable with the sticks and throttle. You could put a small pin in in it to lock it back if you choose.
    it is good it remains controlable. I had thought this mod made it sensitive.
    Can you elaborate on the pin? Lock what back? I beg forgiveness but I'm lost. Thanks.

Can you elaborate on the pin? Lock what back? I beg forgiveness but I'm lost. Thanks.
    After building the "split shift", drill a hole into the middle of the "split" to drop the pin into. By doing this you efectively bring it back to oem standards, but on your terms. It keeps the split part "tied" together just like it was in factory condition. Which means any time you wish to use the split shift, just pull the pin. Put the pin back in and it does not split shift. Hope that helps explain your question...

You could put a pin through the tube and the center rod to lock it back to normal shifting but you would have two shift levers doing the same thing. But really it's not needed. If you don't want to split shift you could just move both shifters to the forward or reverse position. Hope it helps you.

Otay, I get it now. Why I didn't underdtand it before is beyound me. I like this pin idea too. One can split shift at will. Cool.

+ Reply to Thread