MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

I did a pretty simple split shift mod. on a MaxII and made a video on it showing what I did and what the big advantage is being able to counter rotate. I even got to scare myself a little.

Last edited by LarryW; 03-22-2010 at 09:04 PM.

great job Larry, that was simple yet very functional
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Quote Originally Posted by trebmaster View Post
    great job Larry, that was simple yet very functional
    Thanks Kevin!!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    that was very nice i like it

that looks great larry and looks like alot of fun to drive
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Great video, I did the same on my Max2. It comes in handy when high centered, it allows you to either turn left or turn right when you are otherwise stuck. I rigged up a similar design on my Super Swamp Fox, but the linkage for it is a direct shift design in which you pull the shift rod(s) forward to go forward, and push them in to go reverse. It takes a bit more elbow grease, but I like the firm engagement of the t20.

WOW now that's way too easy on the Max II, leads one to wonder why they don't do that at the factory
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Great example of the usefulness Noel!!
    Another example is where I park it, it is between a few other machines and a porch. Before this, I would back it out, then go. With this, I can spin it around and go.

Thanks Russridesr and Duke! I hope it helps people understand how easy it is and how useful it can be.

Coming in a few weeks, Attex 252 colt split shift

Excellent video Larry. That looks like an easy and valuable mod.

Nice job!
    Banned

What amazes me is the " ease " in changing from forward into reverse. No more rocking back and forth trying to get " both " shift linkages to line up at the very same time. All I have to do now , is push one lever either forward or reverse, and then give only a slight jiggle to the other shift lever, and into forward or reverse it goes. I also don,t know why this is,nt a factory option? Being able to counter rotate your tires really comes in handy when your in the water and need to change directions in a hurry.

+ Reply to Thread