50+HP Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50+HP Hustler

Robert
    how much does a job like that on a motor cost, generally, not trying to get in your business, thanks.

Hey Robert,
    The oil pumps on the Briggs large bore engines are fairly robust. I do run a pressure gauge and it maintains 25-40 psi, so no problems there. You should be OK on your Kohler. Summit has good prices on small low amp transmission coolers like the one I installed. Be sure to use either braided hose or transmission cooler line, you don't want it to leak! Mine pushes air out of the engine compartment.
    Hope this helps,

Chris

Would love to see the Dyno results if your willing to post them. What type of fuel are you going to have to run? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meinfield View Post
    Hey Robert,
    The oil pumps on the Briggs large bore engines are fairly robust. I do run a pressure gauge and it maintains 25-40 psi, so no problems there. You should be OK on your Kohler. Summit has good prices on small low amp transmission coolers like the one I installed. Be sure to use either braided hose or transmission cooler line, you don't want it to leak! Mine pushes air out of the engine compartment.
    Hope this helps,

Chris
    Thanks Chris, I apprecieate the info. and will try to keep you updated on the system that I install...

I never got around to running the engine on a dyno. It is likely in the 50 - 60 hp range, maybe a little higher. I kept the compression to 10:1, so it runs on premium pump gas.

Dyno sheet

Hey rustler and onlyonce, I don't mind at all sharing info with you guys. When I called Midwest I talked to Julian and told him that i was putting this engine in a 6wheeler and he said that somebody was going to get hurt because of the Hp, but the hp that he was talking about was 70 to 80 hp. I told him that i needed it to be around 45 to 50 and that I wanted it to run on pump gas. The work that he did was a little over 1,800, and I sent him a box of engine parts that my brother gave me. I think the V twin engines are good all around engine because of the torq to weight ratio and if you are going to build something that is a four stroke, than i would choose something that you can build up in the future. When I put this engine in i will be putting large tires and try to keep the weight down as much as possible, but if i need more power,i know that with the v twin engine i can get it, by maybe adding a longer stoke or something..
    Attached Images

Very cool but with 52.66HP somebody is going to get ....to have some fun.

Thanks for posting the Dyno results. I was anxious to compare these against those Mike posted on his racing 600 engine.

Those are nice numbers...you might want to add a seat belt to your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Very cool but with 52.66HP somebody is going to get ....to have some fun.
    Mike You know how much fun 70 hp is

+ Reply to Thread