50+HP Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50+HP Hustler

50+HP Hustler

This is the engine that I sent to Jalian at midwest super cub and this is what he did.He resleeved the cylinders,installed Billet rods, JE flat top pistons, reground camshaft,professionally ported the heads,added heavy duty single valve springs, reworked downdraft carb and added adjustable main jet,installed adjustable steel flywheel and engine was dynoed. Was a 18hp Kohler Commands and now it is a 50+hp engine.

Now, I need to build a strong drivetrain and a cooling system...

IMG_0435.jpgIMG_0436.jpg

Wow, VERY NICE!!! It reminds me a bit of Meinfield's Hustler 980 BIGFOOT with the heavily built big block Briggs Vanguard. Can't wait to see this baby go!

As far as the drive train goes, the T-20 will hold up just fine, but the axles and sprockets might need to be upgraded.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Now thats a baaaaad hustler! sounds awsome too
    max2 with 3000lb winch,split shifter, off road lights, and 50 amp alternator

That big block motor in Meinfields Hustler Bigfoot sure sounds sweet!

Wahooo! Now that was fun to watch. I need more motor for sure.

Wow! love the sound of that engine. Those boys did some great work. Got any more videos?

Meinfield has 6 videos total. Here's the like to his Youtube channel:

YouTube - pastaone1's Channel
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Meinfield has 6 videos total. Here's the like to his Youtube channel:

YouTube - pastaone1's Channel
    Man,that thing looks like alot fun. I hope my ride gets around like that, and sounds that good...

Thanks for the "props" Jp.
    Robert, that Command ought to be a beast! The guys at Midwest do nice work. You need find a new drive clutch, the stock one on that engine wont last long. I am running comet duster drive on mine, and amazingly, it handles the 7K+ rpm well.
    Good Luck!

Chris

Oil cooler with pressure gauge...

Hey chris, I'm thinking about putting a oil cool on my machine the same place you put yours.I just don't know if it would make the oil pump work harder and cause it to be less efficient or make it stop working.Do you have a oil pressure gauge inline on your system and does it rise in pressure when you are on the gas? I'm also going to put a fan on it. Is your fan pulling cool air from the outside or is it pushing the air from your engine compartment through the cooler to the outside?

Thank chris, I apprecieate any advice..

+ Reply to Thread