Hustler models

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hustler models

maybe JP can dig into those dark reaches of contacts and shed some light... ; >

Well guys I have a trick up my sleeve for finding some information on all of the Hustler models. It might take a little while, but be assured that I'll be posting it as soon as I find out for sure.

I am also led to believe that the earlier poly body Hustlers with the Kohler K341 had the engine painted yellow, while the later models were painted red.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Mine is yellow. I think it is a 1975 or 1976 model.

I have a 940 HK with the k341 in yellow and the motor is a 1977 model.

Very good, guys. We're starting to piece together this puzzle. I believe the Kohler K341 was first offered around 1975 and then all the way up into the 1981 model year. It was then replaced in 1982 by the Briggs flat twin I/C 18HP engines. I think the
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If you check the serial# in my pic against the service manual the '92' means it's a 1978

Somemore things to consider while trying to identify my hustler. Going with this info,

Hustler (unknown model number, maybe 880?), the very first one made in 1969 or 1970, fiberglass body, Kohler 309cc single, jackshaft/clutch style transmission, jet pump option.

Hustler 880, fiberglass body, CCW 340 twin engine, T-20, jet pump option, available 21" Goodyear Rawhide tires.

Definetly the fiberglass upper and lower body.No motor,no help there.Now the puzzling one, has a t-20 trans,however,I just can't get over the mounts! Member eshustler has some nice pic's of bare frame of what I am sure is very close mod. to mine. I believe this because there is a pic of front of unit and it has a sheet metal skid plate that looks identical to the one on my mach.I thinking now that this was oem.Back to the mounts, his mount are made of angle iron that is just drilled and then welded to the frame,mine look like something the cat dragged in. Also the fact that my brake set up is behind the mid axle(w/"extension" to oper rod) and his seems to be in front of the mid axle. Aside from the t-20 vs. the jackshaft/clutch set-up are there any other unique features to distinguish between these earlier models?

Oops ! Looks like my parts machine was a 945 HK judging from the rear rack & some other features. Well for what its worth the sprockets are the same as my 950 & the hull will live on as a skid pan ! ps frog season opens up tuesday night after midnight! " Shoot him Liz shoot him" ha ha ,compliments of swamp people.

+ Reply to Thread