Copper Ridge 2007

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Copper Ridge 2007

That's not good news

Isn't the normal showing around 60 machines? Wonder why the sudden decline?

I think the reason for the decline is the Ledges ride. Much better organized and only 2 weeks away from the CR Jamboree. Most people given the choice will go to the Ledges. If either would change their dates to give a month or so between them both events would attract more people.

i think hes right not alot of people can get that mutch vacation time in a row.... both rides are great in there own ways and will be missed if they were to end!!!!! see you at ledges guys

Copper Ridge was a great time again this year. It would be a shame to lose this event, but lack of attendance indicates a lack of interest. This is a business after all. To those who ordered videos, they were all mailed monday.

How was the night ride? Any new fun and exciting?

Hey Lance, I led an evening ride on saturday that was a beauty! We had a creek (ditch) crossing that had every machine planting its nose before climbing out. Most riders said"Cool!!" but some others said #@!&*^**! I liked that trail alot . I made a good video of that occurence and others. I will try to get Roger to post some pics . Turnout was light (52 people) which is not good, but those who were there had a great time. Mikey swam (as in backstroke) across the watercross course and finished faster than if he stayed in his MaxIV. The weekend ended with everyone ramping into the pond, those Max IIs really got some good air as well as made the biggest splash. See you at the Ledges!!

Water Entry

For those of you folks that missed the Copper Ridge ride, I would like to show you the proper way to enter the water there... ( or anywhere else)...

1) Get a Good run......
    2) Full Throttle.....
    3) pull back on sticks just before jump (but keep throttle wide open!)...
    4) push sticks forward again just as the front tires start up the jump (for more air)...
    5)back off throttle and hold on....
    6) think buoyant thoughts!!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 07-20-2007 at 09:26 PM.

water entry

Any Questions?
    Attached Images

Sweet! I like the instructions to "think buoyant thoughts"...that's what I've been doing wrong.

Are these pictures taken from a video? If so, you know what I'm going to ask next.

My digital camera can take rapid shots. It the only way I could ever get the timing right. Sorry no video. Maybe someone has video of some of the other jumpers. -Dan

+ Reply to Thread