AMS Zipper tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AMS Zipper tires

AMS Zipper tires

I put these tires on my MAXII and figured sand tires were the way to roll since we are into sand. I also figured since they were a Chevron pattern they should be a semi good all around tire.. well lets just say they are great for sand and seem to be okay for tearing up the grassy 5 acres next door. So today I drove past the Off Road park a couple of miles from my house... and saw some sweet big ol' honkin' Puddles! and a few dirt bikes out there ...Well I loaded up the Max and my 4 yr old grandkid.. and off we went!
    Our mission? Well to swim with that Amphibious beast! Unload, head straight for the mini lake (giant Puddle) ... lets just say this.. Zipper tires don't swim .. they churn up the water .. but do not propell you... not even in reverse! After a few tense minutes looking foolish with a happier than hell 4 yr old I managed to get back on dry land ... so off we were splashing throught the other big puddles but no swimming for us... And the Grandkid? That was the best day of his life! He can't get enough of pallin' around with me.. Was it fun? You bet! This weekend we head to the sand Quad and Max in tow...Come sunday... I'm sure the little guy will talk me into getting wet and muddy!

What a great picture. That is what it's all about! I hate your tires didn't swim though.

I bought the house next door and he lives there with his mom and dad (my daughter) so he's always at my place.. I wouldn't have it any other way...We're like to peas in a pod with out a wqorry in the world.. I will find swimming tires though..

Racer reported the same about the Maxis 4-snow tires, I was hopeful since they are loved by dirt drag racers as well, but now that's two who say this tread is a no-go in the H2O.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

UPDATE! we went to the off road park this weekend... I read on here somewhere that some tires actually swim at low speed.. well these do swim... I got in the big ol' 100'x100' mini lake and cruised to the other side.. I just feathered the throttle from zero to about 1/4 speed and they worked.. not very fast mind you but they do swim! Before I was just hammering the throttle..

+ Reply to Thread