Loaded Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Loaded Argo

Loaded Argo

I went out hunting yesterday and managed to tag a nice Buffalo with my bow.
    I was hunting solo, but still managed to load the animal into the back of the Argo in one piece.

I made a video of the trip, but there is not much in the way of AATV action, I just used the Argo to get me in and out of the area. Here is a link to the vid, if you want to have a look.
    Enjoy

Nice Sunday morning wilderness show!

I'm in Oklahoma, where the US decided to rebuild the almost extinct Buffalo in ther early 1900's. We have a surviving chunk of the original Tallgrass Prarie with a herd on it.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Now that's a loaded Argo and on top of that, it's quite a feat that you loaded it by yourself! That's another great use of your head-cam too!

Congratulations on your bow kill! How did the Argo handle with the buffalo in it?

evil8x8;
    Congratulations on your bow kill! How did the Argo handle with the buffalo in it?
    Other than the smell, you would never even know it was there.
    I was running my new 24" Frontier Tires with only 2 psi of air in them. Very smooth ride and great traction (I had to drag the Buffalo for about a mile, before figuring out a way to load it up)

Nice buffalo Rock, I was looking forward to using my rebuild 8x8 to transport my moose this year but the bugger dropped 50 feet from the road so I could not use the buggy. Heck of a feat loading that on your own, again good job.
    pgjeepster aka moosecaller

Sweet kill!!!
    I'm looking at an elk hunting vacation next year. I hope I'll get the chance to take the argo.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

I need to get a bow now!!!

That's a great video of your hunt!

About how much did the buffalo dress out?

I havn't actually lifted any of the quarters (mechanical advantage is your friend), but my guess would be that it dressed out around 400-450 lbs.

To get it loaded in the Argo, I ran a line across between 2 big trees, about 15ft off the ground. Hung a pulley block from that and ran my winchline up to the block (over the Argo) and down to the Buffalo's head. I winched him up, backed the Argo under him, then just lowered him into the machine.
    Of course it was not that simple, I did all that in the dark, but you get the idea.
    RD

+ Reply to Thread